Herbert Lom quotes
“You are either in possession of a very new human ability... or a very old one.”
“In English eyes, all foreigners are sinister.”
“I refused to beat my head against stone, of course.”
“You know, I always do my best, no matter the quality of the film.”
“- Spartacus: All men lose when they die and all men die. But a slave and a free man lose different things.
- Tigranes Levantus: They both lose life.
- Spartacus: When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win.”
“There's just something about old ladies. I can't... I can't stand them.”
- One-Round: Are we supposed to make noises with these things? What kind o' noises?
- Louis: Who is she?
- Professor Marcus: Not "noises", One-Round, music!
“Today, a paradise in the Swiss Alps, tomorrow, a wasteland. Compared to Clouseau, Attila the Hun was a Red Cross volunteer.”
- Dr. Sam Weizak: Don't you see how clear it is? Not only can you see the future, you can...
- Johnny Smith: I can change it.
- Dr. Sam Weizak: You can change it, exactly. Here. Yes, John. That is your... your "dead zone". The possibility of altering the outcome of your premonitions. It's fascinating.
“- Chief Insp. Charles Dreyfus: Doctor, please, you must help me. Is Clouseau real, or am I going mad again?
- Dr. Paul Laprone: What do you think?
- Chief Insp. Charles Dreyfus: What do I think? What can I think? If that nincompoop is really alive and the things I heard are true, he'll probably be decorated again for rounding up the biggest drug...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Mikhail Yaskov: I'm offering to put you right back into the game.
- Miles Kendig: Yaskov, Yaskov. I'd make a useless double agent.
- Mikhail Yaskov: Of course you would.
- Miles Kendig: Double agents must be drab little people. Colorless.”
“- Hans Zarba: One of my passengers is hurt.
- Police Commisioner Charles Dreyfus: No wonder; the way you drive, you are lucky they are not all dead.”
I knew a man named Jacques. When he died, ten years ago, I thought "Thank God!". I never thought another one like him could exist... and then I met your son.
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: It is amazing that I am still alive!
- Chief Insp. Charles Dreyfus: "Amazing" is not the word.
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: Do I detect something in your voice that says I am in disfavor with you?
- Chief Insp. Charles Dreyfus: Yes! I wish you were dead!
- Insp. Jacques Clouseau: Well, of course, you are entitled to your... (continue)(continue reading)