“National Lampoon's Vacation” quotes(1983)
Plot – The Griswold family - Clark, Ellen and their children Rusty and Audrey - is leaving for a 2 weeks holiday in the famous amusement park called 'Walley World'. During the journey, some tragicomic events happen one after the other, beginning with the new car Clark is forced to buy by a dealer. After an incredible journey through over two thousand miles, during which old Aunt Edna dies, the Griswold's finally arrive to 'Walley World' but the park is closed for renovation, so Clark is both shocked and dazed. Hanging a gun, he forces the rangers to put everything in motion for the amusement of his family, but when the owner of the park and the police arrive Clark tries to adulate them to escape the arrest.
All actors – Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Imogene Coca, Randy Quaid, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron, Eddie Bracken, Brian Doyle-Murray, Miriam Flynn, James Keach, Eugene Levy, Frank McRaeshow all
“National Lampoon's Vacation” Quotes 41 quotes
“- Clark Griswold: Real tomato ketchup, Eddie?
- Cousin Eddie: Oh, nothing but the best.”
“I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I got laid off when they closed that asbestos factory, and wouldn't you know it, the army cuts my disability pension because they said that the plate in my head wasn't big enough.”
“- Lasky, Guard at Walleyworld: Rusty, may I call you Rusty? I had a bad experience on this ride once.
- Rusty Griswold: What happened?
- Lasky, Guard at Walleyworld: I threw up.”
“We pass a damn gas station every hundred yards for a thousand miles, but when you really need one, you end up walking your ass off. This is no way to run a desert!”
“- Ellen Griswold: Clark, let's just skip the house of mud. I think Dodge City was enough fun for one day. Besides, Catherine and Eddie are expecting us.
- Clark Griswold: It's living history Ellen. But if you'd rather see your cousins. Personally I'd rather see a pile of mud than Eddie.”
“I'm so hungry I could eat a sandwich from a gas station.”
“- Clark Griswold: Excuse me, could you please tell me how to get back on the express way?
- Pimp: Fuck yo mama!
- Clark Griswold: Thank you very much.”
“- Rusty Griswold: Dad this is not the car you ordered.
- Clark Griswold: Take it easy Rusty... Ed this is not the car I ordered.”
“[looking at the dead Aunt Edna in the back seat]
- Ellen Griswold: She must have passed away somewhere near Flagstaff. What are we going to do, Clark?
- Clark Griswold: Well, we could leave her here and the first phone we pass, we could call your Cousin Normie and he could come and get her, I guess.
- Ellen Griswold: That is the meanest,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ellen Griswold: Lord, we loved this woman with all our heart.
- Audrey Griswold: Let's not overdo it, mom.
- Ellen Griswold: Shut up.”
“Why aren't we flying? Because getting there is half the fun.”
“- Lasky, Guard at Walleyworld: That's not a real gun, is it Clark?
- Clark Griswold: Are you kidding? This is a Magnum P.I.
- Lasky, Guard at Walleyworld: It's a BB gun!
- Clark Griswold: Don't tempt me. I could put an eye out with this thing.
- Lasky, Guard at Walleyworld: You couldn't even break the skin with that thing.
- Clark Griswold: Yeah...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Clark Griswold: So, this is the old homestead, eh?
- Cousin Eddie: Yeah. I don't know for how much longer, though. The bank's been after me like flies on a rib roast.”
“She breathed on me, a dead person breathed on me!”