“Lone Star” quotes(1996)
Plot – A Masonic ring, a sheriff's badge and a human skull are found in the desert south of Texas. Sam, the sheriff of the nearby city, tells it to Mayor Hollis as everything concerns the story of Charlie Wade, the former corrupt sheriff dismissed thanks to Buddy, Sam's father. Now the discovery of the skull has ruined everything. Sam meets Pilar, Mercedes's daughter and owner of a restaurant, and between them turns on an old passion but the relationship causes strong frictions. After many difficulties, Sam accuses Hollis to have witnessed Charlie Wade's murder, killed by his same father Buddy. Sam now has to choose between truth and legend and has to face the fact that he and Pilar are brother and sister indeed. Both have now to reconstruct their happiness.
All actors – Stephen Mendillo, Stephen J. Lang, Chris Cooper, Elizabeth Peña, Oni Faida Lampley, Eleese Lester, Joe Stevens, Gonzalo Castillo, Richard Coca, Clifton James, Tony Frank, Miriam Colonshow all
“Lone Star” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Cliff: You met her family? Think her family's gonna be okay that you're a white guy?
- Mickey: They think any woman over 30 who isn't married is a lesbian. She figures, they'll be so relieved that I'm a man...
- Cliff: Yeah, it's always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by a deeper prejudice.”
“- Pilar Cruz: I'm unmarried. I'm not available.
- Coworker: You told me once it was true love.
- Pilar Cruz: Nobody stays in love for twenty-three years.”
“Damn, they're closing down military left and right and putting up jails like 7-Eleven stores!”
“- Chet: So I'm part Indian?
- Otis: By blood you are. But blood only means what you let it.”
“To run a successful civilization, you have got to have your lines of demarcation: between right 'n' wrong, between this'n 'n' that'n.”
“It's not like there's a line between the good people and the bad people. It is not like you're one or the other.”
“This stretch of road runs between nowhere and not much else.”
“- Sam: Well, I'm working on a few things. I'm going over to the other side.
- Ray: Republicans?
- Sam: No, Mexico.”
“All my mother does is work. That's how you get to be Spanish.”
“- Sam: Great place for a business.
- Wesley Birdsong: Do you see much competiton around?”
“If I met you for the first time today, I'd still want to be with you.”
“- Chucho Montoya: A bird flying south, you think he sees this line? Rattlesnake? Javelina? Whatever you got. You think halfway across that line they start thinking different? Why should a man?
- Sam: Your government's always been pretty happy to have that line, the question's just been where to draw it.
- Chucho Montoya: My government can go...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm just a jailer. I run a 60 room hotel with bars on the windows.”
“I did two tours of duty in southeast Asia and I was married for five years. I couldn't tell you which experience was worse. I knew she was Japanese going in, but she didn't tell me about the Ninja assassin part.”