“Rocky II” quotes(1979)
Plot – Rocky Balboa wins a match against Apollo Creed, the heavyweight world champion, and many of the public and reporters doubt the outcome. However, being left with a broken nose and a battered left eye, Rocky takes the advice of his aging coach Mickey, retiring from boxing. He marries Adriana and invests the money he won in a house. His wife makes him happy by giving him a child. However, Balboa has been forced to look for a permanent job but, having dropped out of school, he finds all roads barred for a job as a clerk and has to accept humiliating and unprofitable favors. Apollo Creed, who was hailed "champion of champions" and is still troubled by the outcome of the match fought the year before, now wants to take advantage of Balboa's situation. Positive that Rocky is now morally and physically shattered and without training, Apollo challenges Rocky to a re-match in which he is sure to defeat him for good.
All actors – Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young, Carl Weathers, Burgess Meredith, Tony Burton, Joe Spinell, Leonard Gaines, Sylvia Meals, Frank McRae, Al Silvani, John Pleshette, Stu Nahan, Bill Baldwin, Jerry Ziesmer, Paul Micale, Earl Montgomery, Herb Nanas, Stuart K. Robinson, Frank Stallone, Charles 'Honi' Coles, Doug Flor, Robert Kondyra, James Zazzarino, Eddie 'El Annimal' Lopez, Taurean Blacque, James J. Casino, Shaka Cumbuka, Samuel Davis, Roberto Durán, Lou Fillipo, Ruth Ann Flynn, Linda Grey, Grainger Hines, Garrie Kelly, Ava Lazar, Joseph Letizia, René Le Vant, Tawny Little, Paul McCrane, Sonny Melendrez, Tony Munafo, Brent Musburger, Ed Ness, Fred Pinkard, Jane Marla Robbins, Hank Rolike, David L. Ross, Fran Ryan, Whitney Rydbeck, Shepherd Sanders, Jeff Temkin, Allan Warnick, Charles Winkler, James Zaza, Rutanya Alda, Ted Braverman, Tom Lawrence, Taaffe O'Connell, Velvet Rhodes, Hank Robinson, Brenda Siemer Scheider, Butkus Stallone, Seargeoh Stalloneshow all
“Rocky II” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Mickey: Why do you have to wear that stinkin' sweatsuit?
- Rocky Balboa: It brings me luck, you know?
- Mickey: Brings you luck! I'll tell you what it brings, it brings flies!”
“I feel like a Kentucky Fried idiot.”
“- Rocky Balboa: [noticing Mickey's hearing aid] What's that in your ear there?
- Mickey: What it is, is I hear stupid things better.”
“- Interviewer: Do you have a criminal record?
- Rocky Balboa: Nothin' worth braggin' about.”
“- Rocky Balboa: Three, four...
- Mickey: Now remember, I want 500 hard ones. Go!
- Rocky Balboa: Where was I, seven or eight?”
“- Mickey: Left handed fighters, they're the worst. They lead with their face mostly, trying to throw that big left. Right's no damn good. They ought to outlaw southpaws.
- Rocky Balboa: Why didn't you tell me this before?
- Mickey: I didn't wanna hurt your feelings.”
“Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!”
“I just also wanna thank God. Except for my kid bein' born, this is the greatest night in the history of my life. I just wanna say one thing to my wife who's home: yo, Andrian! I did it!”
“- Adrian: Do you know how to drive?
- Rocky Balboa: Do I know how to drive? I drive airplanes and bulldozers. I'll drive you crazy if you give me a chance. You know what I mean?”
- Rocky Balboa: "There ain't no cover, Smokey,' said Brad Lincoln. 'We better head for the canyon".
- Adrian: You read nice.
- Rocky Balboa: Thank you. You lie nice!
- Adrian: Thank you.
“- Gazzo: How's about investing in condominiums? It's safe.
- Rocky Balboa: Condominiums?
- Gazzo: Yeah, condominiums.
- Rocky Balboa: I never use 'em.”
“- Mickey: I want you to chase this little chicken.
- Rocky Balboa: Hey yo, Mick, what do I got to chase a chicken for?
- Mickey: First, because I said so. And second, is because chicken-chasing is how we used to train back in the old days. If you can catch this thing, you can catch greased lighting.
- Rocky Balboa: Well, I'll do it if you say so...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're gonna eat lightnin'; you're gonna crap thunder.”