Talia Shire quotes
“- Rocky Balboa: How did you get so tough?
- Adrian: I live with a fighter.”
“I could have lived off all the male careers in my family. Everybody was always getting ovations, but I was in the wings.”
“- Rob: They gave us a trick question in medical school. What's the only liquid in the world that isn't wet?
- Maggie: What was the answer?
- Rob: Mercury.”
“I have a feeling when I'm 80 years old I'm going to get a phone call: There's going to be another Rocky.”
“[on her famous brother, Francis Ford Coppola] He's the best director in the world.”
“- Adrian: Before there were reasons to fight I could understand but I don't understand this. Even if you win what have you won, Apollo's still gone. Why can't you change your thinking everybody else does?
- Rocky Balboa: Cause I'm a fighter! That's how I'm made, Adrian. That's what you married. We can't change what we are.”
“- Rob: It's methylmercury poisoning, that's what it is. This whole place has been contaminated.
- Maggie: How do you know?
- Rob: The Indians eat the fish, and they behave like they're drunk when they haven't had a drop of liquor. That raccoon convulsing and turning vicious, its brain turned to mush. Even that old man, that Indian, you saw the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Adrian: It's Thanksgiving.
- Rocky: Yeah, to you it's Thanksgiving; to me it's Thursday.”
“- Adrian: Do you know how to drive?
- Rocky Balboa: Do I know how to drive? I drive airplanes and bulldozers. I'll drive you crazy if you give me a chance. You know what I mean?”
- Rocky Balboa: "There ain't no cover, Smokey,' said Brad Lincoln. 'We better head for the canyon".
- Adrian: You read nice.
- Rocky Balboa: Thank you. You lie nice!
- Adrian: Thank you.
“- Adrian: Why do you wanna fight?
- Rocky: Because I can't sing or dance.”