Plot – Andie, a NASA instructor who has never been part of a space mission, must train four eighteen-year olds who are participating in a study session promoted by the space agency. Then, the space shuttle they are working on takes off by accident.
All actors – Kate Capshaw, Lea Thompson, Kelly Preston, Larry B. Scott, Joaquin Phoenix, Tate Donovan, Tom Skerritt, Barry Primus, Terry O'Quinn, Mitchell Anderson, Scott Coffey, Daryl Keith Roachshow all
“SpaceCamp” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Andie: So what brings you to space camp?
- Tish: Well I did this audit at GPL on Radio Astronomy; it was unbelieveable! I mean can you imagine an extra terrestrial disc jockey? I mean like listening to radio waves from space? I mean like waiting for signs of intelligence?
- Andie: Like I know the feeling.”
“- Rudy Tyler: What about the propulsion system? We could breathe the liquid oxygen from there.
- Tish: The propulsion system uses nitrogen tetroxide, Rudy. We wanna breathe, not dry clean our lungs.”
“In space, anything is possible.”
“I once knew this guy who could hold his breath under water for hours. Nobody could ever figure out exactly how he did it. Or maybe it wasn't hours, but it sure was a long time.”
“What's the worst thing that can happen? We'll all die, right?”
“- Kevin: There's this... uh, full moon out tonight.
- Kathryn: What, are you gonna turn into a werewolf or something like that?”
“It's easier to say you don't care, than it is to try and fail.”
“- Andie: I can't believe it; I'm not going up. They chose Andy Miller instead of me... he gets airsick in cars!
- Commander Zach Burkstroom: That's why I married you, and not Andy Miller.”
“My mom always says that being boss and being bossy aren't the same.”
“- Max: I ain't getting in that.
- Kevin: No, Max, come on. I mean, it's not like you're using it for much else anyway, right?”
“- Andie: Name?
- Rudy Tyler: Rudy Tyler, Ma'am.
- Andie: Spit it out, Rudy.
- Rudy Tyler: Rudy Tyler, Ma'am!!
- Andie: I meant the gum, Rudy.”
“- Kathryn: Why are you so hard on me?
- Andie: Because someday, you're goin' up. But the only way that will happen is if you have every drill here down better than everyone else. There's no room for mistakes. Every 'i' dotted, every 't' crossed. That's the way I learned it. That's the way you'll learn it. You copy?
- Kathryn: I copy.”