“- Dr. Webster: I think you should have your own name, a name that is not like a famous person's.
- Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga: Bob!
- Dr. Webster: Bob.
- Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga: Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga. Anyone famous named Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga?
- Dr. Webster: I doubt it.”
“- David Drumlin: I wish the world was a place where fair was the bottom line, where the kind of idealism you showed at the hearing was rewarded, not taken advantage of. Unfortunately, we don't live in that world.
- Ellie Arroway: Funny, I've always believed that the world is what we make of it.”
“- Drum Eatenton: Ouiser you look like hammered shit.
- Ouiser Boudreaux: Don't you talk to me like that!
- Drum Eatenton: Oh, I'm sorry you look like regular shit.”
“- Dallas: I haven't seen anything like that except molecular acid.
- Brett: It must be using it for blood.
- Parker: It's got a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it.”
“- Dallas: Alright. Ripley, when I give an order I expect to be obeyed.
- Ripley: Even if it's against the law?
- Dallas: You're goddamn right!”
“- Dr. Webster: Now, do you have any questions?
- Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga: Yes, why is my face leaking?”
“Obviously, if a director doesn't communicative a clear, relevant vision of the material, it will not succeed no matter how good the material.”
“Most screenplays depend primarily on the vision of a director.”
“Just being hired by a great director is complimentary.”
“- Charles Montgomery: I gave you $200.000.
- Jessie Montgomery: Well, it's ancient history!
- Charles Montgomery: I believe it was lunch time.”
“- Motorcycle Officer: License, lady?
- Maude: I don't have one. I don't believe in them.”
“- Brett: You see, Mr. Parker and I feel that the bonus situation has never been on an equitable level.
- Dallas: You get what you're contracted for like everybody else.
- Brett: Yes, but everybody else, uh, gets more than us.”
“- Eugene Ackerman: I want to guarantee David's safety.
- Nick Pulovski: Mr. Ackerman, if you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.”
“- Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is, they are up here on this plaque.
[turns to Maverick]
- Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
- Maverick: Yes, sir.
- Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
- Maverick: Yes, sir.
- Viper: I like that in a pilot.”
“- Radley: Who's that?
- Carla : Oh, that's just my friend Daniel, but I like to call him Danny.
- Radley: Yeah? Well Danny's kinda cute.
- Carla: Stop teasing dad!!!”
“- David Drumlin: One... there is intelligent life out there, but you'll never contact it in your lifetime, and two... two! There's nothing out there but noble gases and carbon compounds, and you're wasting your time. In the meantime, you won't be published, you won't be taken seriously and your career will be over before it's begun!
- Ellie...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Ash: It's ad apted remarkably well to our atmosphere considering its nutritional requirements. The only thing we don't know about is temperature.
- Ripley: Okay, what about temperature? What happens if we change it?
- Ash: Let's try it. I mean most animals retreat from fire, yes?
- Dallas: Fire, yeah.”
“- Andie: I can't believe it; I'm not going up. They chose Andy Miller instead of me... he gets airsick in cars!
- Commander Zach Burkstroom: That's why I married you, and not Andy Miller.”
“- Radley: My pumpkin's a duck!
- Carla: No, I'm a swan!”
“- Viper: How ya doin'?
- Maverick: I'm all right.
- Viper: Goose is dead.
- Maverick: I know.
- Viper: You fly jets long enough, something like this happens.
- Maverick: He was my R.I.O., my responsibility.
- Viper: My squadron, we lost 8 of 18 aircraft. 10 men. First one dies, you die too. But there will be others. You can count on that. You...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Bruce Gardner: You better be careful. Remember what happened to Narcissus?
- Donna Gardner: Nar-who?
- Bruce Gardner: Greek mythology. He was a guy who loved looking at his reflection so much in a pond that he fell in and drowned.
- Donna Gardner: Well, only a boy could be that clumsy.
- Pat Gardner: You got that right.”
“- Dr. Webster: Well, I think the first thing we can do is get a name for you, and I think you should pick it. Now, can you think of a name that you'd like to be your name? What?
- Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga: Judy Finkel.
- Dr. Webster: Well, Judy Finkel is a nice name...
- Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga: Thank you.
- Dr. Webster: ...but...” (continue) (continue reading)