“The Devil and Max Devlin” quotes(1981)
All actors – Elliott Gould, Bill Cosby, Susan Anspach, Adam Rich, Julie Budd, Sonny Shroyer, David Knell, Chuck Shamata, Deborah Baltzell, Ronnie Schell, Jeannie Wilson, Stanley Brockshow all
“The Devil and Max Devlin” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Barney Satin: By midnight, they belong to me.
- Max Devlin: Not until the natural end of their lives. That's what you said.
- Barney Satin: Point of fact: I lied. I need them now.
- Max Devlin: Oh, no! Barney, please! I couldn't have done it if I'd known that! He's a great kid. They're all great kids, but that kid, kill him and you kill her!
-...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Toby Hart: It's for you, Mom. It's Uncle Max.
- Penny Hart: Uncle Max. I don't believe it. Tell him that I'm, uh... Tell him that I'm not here.
- Toby Hart: She says to say she's not here.
- Max Devlin: Huh? Well, then you tell her it's somebody else. I have to talk to her.
- Toby Hart: He says to say he's someone else.”
“- Max Devlin: I got until midnight, May 15th. That's our deal. Look, I'm... I'm telling you. I'm trying to get these people so hooked on me, they'll sign anything. That takes time. Now, if I go too fast, I'm liable to blow the whole deal!
- Barney Satin: I like your style, Max. You're a devious fellow.”
“- Max Devlin: There's the little old ladies who insists on keeping their pets and the young, married couples who insists on keeping their kids. Not that I've got anything against kids, but some landlords feel it's rough enough taking care of a place these days without them. Thumping and bumping around. And playing handball on your walls at all...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Penny Hart: I love you, Max.
- Max Devlin: How could you possibly love me? I'm not lovable. I'm not even nice. I'm irresponsible. Unreliable. You've said so yourself a million times. Look, even if we try, I'll still probably leave you without any warning. I'm a rotten person.
- Penny Hart: The only trouble with you, Max, is that you have no...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Mr. Billings: The air conditioning's on the fritz and it's hotter than Hell up here!
- Barney Satin: Ha! He doesn't know how hot it is.”
“- Max Devlin: Oh my God!
- Barney Satin: I wish you wouldn't say that.
- Max Devlin: I'm sorry!
- Barney Satin: Yeah.”
“- Max Devlin: That's entrapment! It's not fair!
- Barney Satin: Fair? Are you forgetting where you are?”
“- Max Devlin: I know you're here! Let me see your rotten, lying, deceitful face now! I'm gonna burn your contracts!
- Barney Satin: Burn those contracts and eternal damnation is yours! You'll know the unmitigating pain and horror of limbs being torn from their sockets! Your limbs! Your sockets! You'll feel pain you've never imagined in life!...” (continue) (continue reading)