Clergymen quotes42 clergymen quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Sometimes my work as an actor presents a conflict with my ideals as a clergyman.”
“- Father Des Spellacy: He might have been there on a pastoral call.
- Det. Tom Spellacy: When was the last time you hung your pants over the side of the bed while making a house call?
- Father Des Spellacy: I admit, that's not the way they teach you at the seminary.”
“- Charlie: I put him in the septic tank.
- Gus: Who?
- Charlie: The corpse.
- Gus: What corpse?
- Charlie: The reverend's corpse.
- Gus: He wasn't a corpse when I left him, Charlie.”
“- Elena: I have broken the fourth commandment, padre.
- Alejandro Murrieta: You killed somebody?
- Elena: No, that is not the fourth commandment.”
“I was eleven. And I was preyed upon by father David Holly in Wester. And I don't mean prayed for, I mean preyed upon.”
“- William of Baskerville: You are in love.
- Adso of Melk: Is that bad?
- William of Baskerville: For a monk, it does present certain problems.”
“You use the truth like poison! What a funny thing for a priest to say.”
“- Avram: Tommy, I'm not a rabbi.
- Tommy: Don't say that! You are a rabbi. I'm a bank robber. I'm a card player and a whoremonger. That's what I am. You are a rabbi. You can fall in the mud, you can slip on your ass, you can travel in the wrong direction. But even on your ass, even in the mud, even if you go in the wrong direction for a little...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Bishop: Excellency, fiddlesticks, my name's Fred and I'm a man, same as you.
- Judge Elihu Smails: You're not a man, you're a bishop, for God's sakes.
- The Bishop: There is no God...”
“- Gus: Did you know that the priest was alive when you killed him?
- Charlie: No!
- Gus: There you go then!”
“- Kate Linville Holroyd: I can't believe I called the high priest a cocksucker.
- Harvey Holroyd: I thought you were terrific.”
“No man is like a priest. Priests aren't even like priest when it comes to women.”
“- Edmond Dantes: You lied?
- Abbé Faria: I'm a priest, not a saint.”
“How many guys do you know who's best friend is also their priest?”
“My clergyman, who happens to be wanted for pederasty, will vouch for me.”
You think all Buddhist monks are like the Dalai Lama? There are guys in Nepal who are like, "What should I do? Should I carry packs of heavy shit for Westerners up to the top of the base camp on Mt. Everest, or should I stay down here in Katmandu and maybe just chant all day and check out chicks and pretend to be holy?".
“- Jessica: I should have made love to you when I had the chance.
- Billy: Father Mulcahy?”