Peter Falk quotes
“What do you think will happen when they run off this dough... and there's trillions of extra dollars, francs, and marks floating around? You've got a collapse of confidence in the currency. People are gonna panic. There's gonna be gold riots, atonal music... political chaos, mass suicide. Right? It's Germany before Hitler. You can see that....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sheldon Kornpett: You were involved in the Bay of Pigs?
- Vince Ricardo: Involved? That was my idea.”
“God didn't design anyone to be recognized by 2 billion people.”
“To be totally sincere, I'd surely be a better actor today if I hadn't played Columbo all these years.”
“I've never worried about the grand concepts.”
“I thought actors were artists and that artists had to be European.”
“The entertainment industry is loaded with extraordinarily talented people. But the true, genuine originals, they're rare.”
“When I was young, I was looking for people to look up to - role models I could respect.”
“Eat - or be eaten!”
“- Mrs. Montenegro: Mr. Peckinpaugh, I think I have some information regarding the untimely death of your late, deceased, murdered partner.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Who is this?
- Mrs. Montenegro: As the Chinese say, never mind. We must be careful; I'm being watched. Can we meet in your office in fifteen minutes?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: All right. What time...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marcel: I'm sorry, I thought you were alone.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: I tried it that way. It's not as much fun alone.”
“- Jezebel Dezire: Won't you join me in a little drinkie? What's your pleasure?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Uh, what you got there looks good.
- Jezebel Dezire: I know... but I thought you'd like a little drink first.”
“- Betty DeBoop: You'll be back.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: What makes you think so?
- Betty DeBoop: You forgot the glasses.”
“Are you interested in joining? The benefits are terrific. The trick is not to get killed. That's really the key to the benefit program.”
“- Lou Peckinpaugh: Suddenly it all seems as though it was yesterday. I stood in that train station, I waited for you for over six hours. Then when your letter came, it started to rain. And I opened it, and the ink ran all over the page. The most important letter of my life... I still don't know what the hell it said!
- Marlene DuChard: It said: ...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Akron Doctor: She's as healthy as a horse.
- Harry Sears: And you should know. He used to be the official vet at Pimlico. You're way ahead. You're lucky he didn't shoot you.”
“- Paul DuChard: Anything wrong?
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Oh, no, no. No, it's, uh, my mistake here, uh. For a second here I thought that this young lady was a girl that I knew in France; I was wrong; the girl I know is dead.
- Paul DuChard: Oh, a natural error, monsieur. My wife has been mistaken for dead girls by many men.”
“- Bess: You have a visitor in there, a Miss Sophie De Vega.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: Pretty?
- Bess: Prettier than me, but I'm easier.
- Lou Peckinpaugh: I'm saving you for the rainy season.”
“These dice are colder than my first wife.”
“I'm using rented bullets for my gun. We all got problems.”
“- Vince Ricardo: I was in the jungle - the bush we called it - for approximately nine months...
- Sheldon Kornpett: Nine months! That must have really been something!
- Vince Ricardo: It was. I saw things... They have tsetse flies down there the size of eagles.”