Isabella Rossellini quotes
“This is life's ultimate cruelty. It offers us a taste of youth and vitality, and then it makes us witness our own decay.”
“My husband is having an affair with your wife. I don't think we should talk about it... unless you're prepared to kill them.”
“As time goes by, we all have to take the best we can get.”
“- Lisle Von Rhoman: How old would you guess I am? C'mon, don't try to flatter me.
- Madeline Ashton: Thirty-eight?
[Lisle Von Rhoman glares at her]
- Madeline Ashton: Twenty-eight... no, twenty-three.”
“- Phyllis: You know how they get you, these people... men... boys... They make you think they have secrets they will tell. But they have nothing to tell. And then they talk, and they talk talk talk and keep talking. And what do they say?
- Gabriella: Nothing.
- Phyllis: Right.
- Gabriella: And then they smoke. And then they talk some more. And...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Laura Klein: Why didn't you call and say you were alive?
- Max Klein: I thought I was dead.”
“I have a part of you with me. You put your disease in me. It helps me. It makes me strong.”
“- Laura Klein: We have lived together for 16 years. They have been great.
- Max Klein: Not always.
- Laura Klein: Yes, always. They've always been great for me. Even when I hate you, I know I love you.”
“So you think your book is worth a human life?”