“The Scarlet Pimpernel” quotes(1982)
Plot – The movie tells about Sir Percy's adventures, who's believed by everyone a cowardly fop. However he saves the French aristocrats from the terror of the Revolution and wins the heart of the beautiful Marguerite going through daring enterprises. The breathtaking pace, the sense of humor and the ease of the performers mark pleasantly the movie.
All actors – Anthony Andrews, Jane Seymour, Ian McKellen, James Villiers, Eleanor David, Malcolm Jamieson, Denis Lill, Ann Firbank, Richard Morant, Julian Fellowes, Timothy Carlton, David Gantshow all
“The Scarlet Pimpernel” Quotes 15 quotes
“Ceased? I will love her to the day I die. That is the tragedy.”
“- Sir Percy Blakeney: If I were to tell you that I adore you, would you have me do so stintingly?
- Marguerite St. Just: Adore me?
- Sir Percy Blakeney: Or would you have me declare it as I feel it, with all my heart?”
“What has poor Armand done to be condemned to matrimony?”
“They knew that your tears would be the worst possible torture.”
“- Armand St. Just: You used me.
- Chauvelin: Yes. And as long as you are here to serve the committee, I shall continue to use you.”
“Let that be a lesson to you, sir. Never take anyone for granted.”
“- Marguerite St. Just: I don't know whether you're mad, or...
- Sir Percy Blakeney: Desperately in love? 'Tis all the same. Tell me, if you can, that you do not feel it, too.”
“- Sir Percy Blakeney: If we are to succeed, we must maintain our anonymity, mask our identities. Even if it means suffering the mockery of others. Being taken for fools, fops, nitwits, even cowards.
- Lord Timothy Hastings: That's the easy part. The hard part's not being able to boast about our exploits to the ladies.”