“The Bounty” quotes(1984)
Plot – The crew of a British sailing ship rebels to Captain Bligh because he's very cruel and second officer Fletcher Christian sides with the sailors. They land on a Polynesian island but Bligh finds them and many are forced to pay for the mutiny.
All actors – Mel Gibson, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier, Edward Fox, Daniel Day-Lewis, Bernard Hill, Phil Davis, Liam Neeson, Wi Kuki Kaa, Tevaite Vernette, Philip Martin Brown, Simon Chandlershow all
“The Bounty” Quotes 22 quotes
“You will clean up this ship and yourselves!”
“- Admiral Hood: It takes more than an infatuated youth to make a mutiny. It takes a discontented crew.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: The crew were anything but discontent, sir. Fletcher Christian corrupted them.
- Captain Greetham: Yes, but what made them so easy to corrupt?
- Lieutenant William Bligh: I don't know.”
“- Lieutenant William Bligh: My dear God. I had hoped to avoid this.
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Avoid what, sir?
- Lieutenant William Bligh: Damn it all, man. I'm expected to sleep with her. She's one of King Tynah's wives. A gift from one chief to another, as it were. Now look, five minutes after I go below you must call me up on some...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: William, about your decision to go around the Horn.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: "William"? Not "sir", not "captain"; "William"?
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: I don't think the men will have it.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: Oh, the men won't have it. Are they in charge of the Bounty?
- Fletcher Christian... (continue)(continue reading)
“Take no prisoners Mr. Christian!”
“- Lieutenant William Bligh: Filth, sir! Filthy, Mr. Christian! Still filthy! Look!
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: I see nothing, sir, but your finger.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: I'll not have your vile ways brought aboard my ship, sir! Do you understand? Now you'll call up the swabbing party yet again! And this time you will make bloody...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: I have done no more than any natural man would do.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: No, you've done no more than any wild animal would do. It always makes me laugh that whenever men lose their self-restraint they always say they're "natural".
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: They are more natural than men who... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lieutenant William Bligh: I'm no longer surprised myself now that I see the example that's being set by my first officer. Just look at yourself, man, look at the way you're dressed. Come on, you're no better than one of these natives.
- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Well, at least I am no worse.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: Mr. Christian, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The crew is deeply demoralized and I must accept, as every captain must, the inevitable and theoretical responsibility for that. The actual and immediate responsibility, however, I place on you, my fellow officers who met this crisis with lethargy, impudence and flagrant defiance, publicly uttered.”
“The Royal Navy is not a humorous institution, sir, and insubordination is no laughing matter.”
“- David Nelson: Mr. Bligh, when my spirit is gone there will be nothing but flesh remaining. I beg you, use that poor flesh to save the others.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: No, no, Mr. Nelson. We're civilised men, not savages. And as civilised men we shall die. Have no fear.”
“I am committed to a desperate enterprise. I have said farewell to everything I've been accustomed to regard as indispensable. But I suppose I have found freedom.”
“- Fletcher Christian Master's Mate: Don't put Adams under the lash.
- Lieutenant William Bligh: He was insubordinate, cowardly and insubordinate, he frightened the men, I did not put that fear there, he did. So he will be lashed and we will go around the Horn. Are you frightened to go around the Horn, Mr. Christian? Are you a coward too, sir?”
“I hope never to see Fletcher Christian again. Unless it is to see him hanged.”