Jane Seymour quotes
“You have to count on living every single day in a way you believe will make you feel good about your life - so that if it were over tomorrow, you'd be content with yourself.”
The man of my dreams has almost faded now. The one I have created in my mind. The sort of man each woman dreams of, in the deepest and most secret reaches of her heart. I can almost see him now before me. What would I say to him if he were really here? "Forgive me. I have never known this feeling. I have lived without it all my life. Is it any... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sir Percy Blakeney: If I were to tell you that I adore you, would you have me do so stintingly?
- Marguerite St. Just: Adore me?
- Sir Percy Blakeney: Or would you have me declare it as I feel it, with all my heart?”
“- Jackie: Excuse me, is Mr. Shackleton in?
- Margaret: I'm Mr. Shackleton. Mr. Browning thought it sounded more official to have two names on the door.”
“- John Beckwith: How long have you and the Secretary been married?
- Kathleen Cleary: 30 years next April.
- John Beckwith: That's beautiful.
- Kathleen Cleary: Yeah. And we were faithful for two of them.”
“At the end of the day, I let myself have a glass of wine.”
“You cannot do everything at once, so find people you trust to help you. And don't be afraid to say no.”
“I wanted to be a serious actress rather than a pretty face.”
“Beauty is a radiance that originates from within and comes from inner security and strong character.”
“- Juliana: You're mad.
- Ruber: I'm so glad you noticed. I've been working at it for years.”
“- Jane Caldwell: Don't fall for it, Jack.
- Jack Issel: Fall for what?
- Jane Caldwell: For the lie we keep telling ourselves. We do the dirty stuff to get the power. It'll give us all the good things we really want. Then we get the power, we can't even remember what goddamn thing what it was we wanted it for in the first place.”
“I am an actress, Mr. Robinson, not a doormat. Do not attempt to wipe your boots on me.”
“- Jane Caldwell: I wanted to inform you that you've been promoted to executive vice president of external relations.
- Jack Issel: But this is just my first week.
- Jane Caldwell: Then you must have good friends upstairs. But don't give your hopes up. It's basically the same job you had in the complaints department but with 10% more salary and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick Lassiter: Why do you do that?
- Sara Wells: What?
- Nick Lassiter: Eat my food.
- Sara Wells: I like it better.
- Nick Lassiter: If you wanted the chicken, why didn't you order it?
- Sara Wells: I didn't, I wanted the veal.
- Nick Lassiter: Then why eat off my plate?
- Sara Wells: This way, I can have both!”
“- Marguerite St. Just: I don't know whether you're mad, or...
- Sir Percy Blakeney: Desperately in love? 'Tis all the same. Tell me, if you can, that you do not feel it, too.”