“The Waterboy” quotes(1998)
Plot – Bobby Boucher is 30 and lives in a small town in Louisiana with his overprotective mother. Because of her, Bobby's occupation is to carry the water to the local college football team. The players like to tease him and sometimes the coach joins them too. When Klein, a new coach, arrives, Bobby's life changes as he teaches the guy to defend himself and encourages him to train with the others players. Bobby begins to fulfill himself and wants to continue playing football but his mother discourages him. The guy then decides for the first time to do everything by himself: he enrolls in college, joins the team and learns how to play. At the end of the season, Bobby leads the team to the victory and is carried in triumph by his friends. Now he can meet his girlfriend's mother with self-confidence. During their wedding, Bobby's father comes back home after twenty years, but his mother threatens him so bad that the man runs away again, while the happy couple leaves for the honeymoon.
All actors – Adam Sandler, Kathy Bates, Henry Winkler, Fairuza Balk, Jerry Reed, Lawrence Gilliard Jr., Blake Clark, Peter Dante, Jonathan Loughran, Al Whiting, Clint Howard, Allen Covertshow all
“The Waterboy” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Rita: Is there a girl you're seein'?
- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: Seein'? Uh, I see a lot of girls... I see a lot of guys too.
- Rita: I think that's sexy, you ever been with a guy and girl at the same time?
- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: Oh yea, plenty of times. The other night, I was with my Mama and Coach Klein at the same time.”
“- Casey Bugge: He poked me in the eye!
- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: Captain Insano shows no mercy.”
“Water sucks. It really really sucks. Water sucks.”
“I am not what you would call a handsome man. The good Lord chose not to bless me with... with charm, athletic ability... or a fully functional brain.”
“I like Vicky, and she likes me back! And she showed me her boobies and I like them too!”
“You can do it! Cut his fucking head off!”
“- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: So that's what opening up a can of whoop-ass feels like.
- Coach Klein: Son, you just opened up a whole case of whoop-ass.”
“You can do it, you can do it all night long.”
“- Paco: Look at Bobby tackle. I haven't seen a tackle like that since Joe Montana.
- Walter: Joe Montana was a quarterback, you idiot.
- Paco: I said Joe Mantegna.”
“My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.”
“- Coach Klein: Bobby, can you do that for me every game?
- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: Coach, not only will I do it for you, I... I... I... yes, yes, I'll do it for you.”
“Oh no! We suck again!”
“Let's kick some names and take some ass!”
“- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: Mama, Vicky is an astrologist.
- Helen 'Mama' Boucher: I don't believe in that sort of thing personally. Astrology is one of the many tools of the devil.”
You don't have what they call "the social skills". That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama.
“- Young Bobby Boucher: Mama, when did Ben Franklin invent electricity?
- Helen 'Mama' Boucher: That's nonsense, I invented electricity. Ben Franklin is the Devil!”
“- Helen 'Mama' Boucher: Bobby, deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted outa da zoo and punched you in da eye?
- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: No Mama, the search continues.”