Electricity quotes19 electricity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“First electricity, now telephones. Sometimes I feel as if I were living in an H.G. Wells novel.”
“The world will never be the same. I'm working on something now, something so new that people will forget I was ever associated with electricity.”
“Death by stereo!”
“Experts say unconsciousness occurs before pain has time to register. They agree that electrocution does not hurt. But it does. Unimaginably.”
“- Mr. Taggart: We've no guarantee that these theories of yours are workable.
- Thomas A. Edison: Well, most electricity is theory yet.”
“We make our own electric light here, and we are not very good at it.”
“When a large nuclear device is airburst at high altitude, a lot of electrical disruption can be created, principally with radios, communication systems, electrical wires, computers, cars, transistors. Of course, it's all theoretical. It's never happened before. In short, very little electricity.”
“- April Wheeler: I hear you're a mathematician.
- John Givings: You hear wrong. Its all gone now.
- April Wheeler: All gone?
- John Givings: You know what electrical shock treatments are?
- April Wheeler: Yes. Yes, I do.
- John Givings: I had thirty-seven. It's supposed to jolt out the emotional problems. It just jolted out the mathematics.”
“- Young Bobby Boucher: Mama, when did Ben Franklin invent electricity?
- Helen 'Mama' Boucher: That's nonsense, I invented electricity. Ben Franklin is the Devil!”
“- Riff Randell: Kate, I'm getting some static.
- Kate Rambeau: Not as much as you're going to get.”
“I have always dreamt of a life without the ever present nuisance of electricity! Uh, uh, just let me grab something from the plane! I seem to have left my butter churn in the overhead compartment, hehe!”