Pity quotes34 pity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- From the movie: Jailhouse Rock
“That's all the sympathy I'll give you. Pity's a commodity in here. You buy it and sell it just like anything else.”
- From the movie: The Highwaymen
- From the movie: Serenity
“Pity is worse than a fist to the face.”
- From the movie: The Fall of the Roman Empire
- From the movie: Rome, Open City
- Pina: Doesn't Christ see us?
- Don Pietro Pellegrini: So many people ask me that: "Doesn't Christ see us?" But are we sure we haven't deserved this scourge? Are we sure we've always lived according to the Lord's laws? People never think of changing their ways, but when the piper must be paid, they despair and ask, "Doesn't the Lord see us?... (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Glass House
“- Erin Glass: I have a sickness.
- Terrence 'Terry' Glass: Yeah, it's called self-pity. Complicated by having no backbone.”
- From the movie: The Waterboy
“- Casey Bugge: He poked me in the eye!
- Robert 'Bobby' Boucher Jr.: Captain Insano shows no mercy.”
- From the movie: Young Adult
- From the movie: Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
“- James Hurley: You always hurt the ones you love.
- Laura Palmer: You mean the ones you pity.”
- From the movie: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- From the movie: Addams Family Values
“- Joel Glicker: Wednesday, do you think that maybe someday you might want to get married and have kids?
- Wednesday Addams: No.
- Joel Glicker: But what if you met the right man, who worshiped and adored you? Who'd do anything for you? Who'd be your devotedslave? Then what would you do?
- Wednesday Addams: I'd pity him.”
- From the movie: Shallow Hal
“I feel bad for people who count calories. It's no way to live!”
- From the movie: Red Dragon
“If there's anything I hate worse than pity, it's fake pity.”
- From the movie: Blame It on Rio
- From the movie: The Company Men
“Stand up everybody, there's no time for sitting aroung feeling sorry for ourselves.”
- From the movie: A Clockwork Orange
- From the movie: Batman Begins
“- Ducard: When you lived among the criminals, did you start to pity them?
- Bruce Wayne: The first time I stole so that I wouldn't starve, yes. I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong. And when I traveled, I learned the fear before a crime and the thrill of success. But I never became one of them.”
- From the movie: Mortal Kombat
“- Liu Kang: All those souls and you still don't have one of your own. I pity you sorcerer.
- Shang Tsung: Save your pity for the weak!”
- From the movie: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
“- Ben: Oh no, come on!
- Andie: You think maybe he thinks the felt is grass?”
- From the movie: The Big Broadcast of 1938
- From the movie: Meatballs
“- Rudy: Do you like her?
- Tripper: I feel sorry for her, you know. She's got a glass eye. And, uh, I'm one of the few people who knows exactly which eye to look at when they're talking to her, so she's sort of fixated on me.”
- From the movie: The Phantom of the Opera
- From the movie: Flash Gordon
- From the movie: Batman Returns
- From the animation: The Lord of the Rings
“- Frodo: Because of Gollum! Oh, Gandalf... what am I to do? What a pity that Bilbo didn't kill that vile creature when he had the chance.
- Gandalf: Yes, it was pity. Pity and mercy.”