“Training Day” quotes(2001)
Plot – Every day in the suburbs of the American cities, a war involves citizens, drug dealers and law enforcements. Among its victims there's Sergeant Alonzo Harris, who has been working for thirteen years for narcotics in Los Angeles, using rather questionable methods. This is a tough and dramatic movie in which Sergeant Alonzo tests the character of his young colleague, Jake Hoyt, who in one day has to demonstrate what he is capable of. During this time, Jack will get more and more involved in the ambiguous logic of Alonzo and the two men will be forced to risk their careers and their own lives to follow two opposite conceptions of justice.
All actors – Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke, Scott Glenn, Tom Berenger, Harris Yulin, Raymond J. Barry, Cliff Curtis, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Macy Gray, Charlotte Ayanna, Eva Mendes, Nick Chinlund, Jaime Gomez, Raymond Cruz, Noel Gugliemi, Samantha Esteban, Richard Browner, Ronald Ellis, William English, Kyjel N. Jolly, Fran Kranz, Janeen Krikorian, Princera Lee, Robert Leon, Seidy Lopez, Kenneth Allen Madden, Sarah Danielle Goldberg, Chris Patterson, Rudy Perez, Darrel Sellers, Ben Skorstad, Cle Shaheed Sloan, Brett Sorenson, Abel Soto, Will Stewart, Denzel Whitaker, Garland Whitt, David Ayer, Jon A. Barnes, Michael Ray Clark, Terry Crews, Peter Greene, Namrata Singh Gujral, Kieran Roberts, Gary Rodriguez, Julie Stranahan, Nancy Youngshow all
“Training Day” Quotes 16 quotes
“You know I'm surgical with this bitch, Jake. How do you want it, dog? Closed casket? Remember that fool in the wheelchair? How do you think he got there?”
“- Jake: How much money was in that bag?
- Alonzo: 40 G's.
- Jake: What was that for?
- Alonzo: You really wanna know?
- Jake: Yeah. I asked, didn't I?
- Alonzo: Nothing's free in this world, Jake. Not even arrest warrants.
- Jake: Shit, I didn't wanna know.”
“- Alonzo: What's wrong with street justice?
- Jake: Oh, what, so just let the animals wipe themselves out, right?
- Alonzo: God willing. Fuck 'em, and everybody that looks like 'em.”
“- Moreno: So tell me something. How long have you been a pig, I mean, a police officer?
- Jake: I've been a pig for 19 months.
- Moreno: 19 months? You like it?
- Jake: I should have been a fireman.”
“You ain't never killed anybody before, have you? It ain't like steppin' on ants, Jake. It takes a man to kill... you man enough to kill, Jake?”
“- Alonzo: I've got five. All boys. You ever need a son, you let me know. I'll hook your old lady up. I can't miss.
- Jake: Can we not talk about my family?
- Alonzo: That's cool, I respect that. I remember what it was to have a pretty young bride. You probably still fuck her face to face, don't you?”
“To be truly effective, a good narcotics agent must know and love narcotics. In fact, a good narcotics agent should have narcotics in his blood.”
“- Jake: Who are you?
- Alonzo: I'm the zig-zag man, who the fuck are you?
- Jake: I'm a cop.
- Alonzo: Watch out... don't shoot nobody.”
“To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf.”
“It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.”