Scott Glenn quotes
“I'm sure one reason I became an actor is my basic unwillingness to live one life.”
“- Emmett: You're Dawson, ain't ya? Tex Larue. I used to ride with Rye Marsh, you know him. Well, Andy Simms told me there's a hideout near here, so I headed for it. I hope you don't mind.
- Dawson: Mind? You brought a posse to my best hideout and you ask me if I mind? Mister, I don't know any of those names. You're about to die.”
“I never felt like I was on solid ground, emotionally.”
“You can't expect a man like me to be loyal to just one woman.”
“- Mugger: You cut my eyes! I can't see!
- David Eckhart: Get a dog.”
“- Erin Gruwell: I love you.
- Steve Gruwell: You love the idea of me.”
“I like a woman who can take it on the chin.”
“Sooner or later there's gonna be too much rain, or too much drought, or too much corn... I can wait.”
“I need a reporter. And you'll do local car wrecks. Take the picture, write the story. We run a front-page photo of a car wreck every week whether or not we actually have a car wreck. Now, there's a knack for taking photos that make you feel something. If there's a dark patch on the ground it reads blood whether it's motor oil or Diet Coke.”
“The hard part about playing chicken is knowin' when to flinch.”
“- Jack Crawford: I remember you from my seminar at UVA. You grilled me pretty hard, as I recall, on the bureau's civil rights record in the Hoover years. I gave you an A.
- Clarice Starling: A-minus, Sir.”
“- Alan Shepard: It sounds dangerous.
- Recruiter: It is! Extremely dangerous!
- Alan Shepard: Count me in!”
“- Peter: My sister's dying up there, Mr. Wick.
- Montgomery Wick: Up there you're not dying, you're dead.”
“You don't have the sense God gave a doughnut, do you?”
“- Bart Mancuso: I'll be damned.
- Jack Ryan: What happened?
- Bart Mancuso: Combat tactics, Mr. Ryan. By turning into the torpedo, the Captain closed the distance before it could arm itself.”
“- Jake: All I did was kiss a girl!
- Emmett: They got you in jail for that?
- Jake: Yeah, I kissed a girl, and this other fella didn't like it, so we had some words, and so I decided to get out of there. So I did, I got out of there. You know me, Emmett, I don't want no trouble. So, I go outside, and this fellow tries to shoot me in the back.”
“- Sergeant Lee: Well, that's a nice watch, show me that. Where'd you get that?
- Garcia: My father, uh, gave it to me.
- Sergeant Lee: Your father gave it to you? He must be quite a guy. What's he do?
- Garcia: He's a barber.
- Sergeant Lee: Barber? Gee, he must cut a lot of hair.”