Ethan Hawke quotes
“- Anton: You've gone as far as you can go. You come with me now!
- Vincent: There is still a few million miles left to go.”
I was driving around with this buddy of mine, he was a big atheist, and we came to a stop, next to this homeless guy. And my buddy takes out a 100 dollar bill, and leans out the window, and he says, "Do you believe in God?". And the guy looks at my friend, and he looks at the money, he says, "Uh, yes, I do". My friend says, "wrong answer", and... (continue)(continue reading)
“I was never more certain of how far away I was from my goal than when I was standing right beside it.”
“- Celine: Men go out with me, we break up and then they get married. And later they call me to thank me for teaching them what love is. That I tought them to care and respect women.
- Jesse: I think I'm one of those guys.
- Celine: I wanna kill them! Why didn't they ask me to marry them? I would've said no, but at least they could have asked.”
“I belonged to a new underclass, no longer determined by social status or the color of your skin. No, we now have discrimination down to a science.”
“There's no gene for fate.”
“They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore.”
“what makes you think that elves are any more magical than something like a whale? Yoy know what I mean? What if I told you a story about how underneath the ocean, there was this giant sea mammal that used sonar and sang songs and it was so big that its heart was the size of a car and you could crawl through the arteries? I mean, you'd think that...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tracy: There are plenty of other ways you can provide for this family.
- Ellison Oswalt: Doing what? Teaching? Editing journalism textbooks? Don't you understand that writing is what gives my life meaning? These books are my legacy!
- Tracy: I have always supported you doing what you love, Ellison. But writing isn't the meaning of your life....” (continue)(continue reading)
You know what's the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you? It's when you remember how little you thought about the people you broke up with and you realize that is how little they're thinking of you. You know, you'd like to think you're both in all this pain but they're just like "Hey, I'm glad you're gone".
- Vasquez: I'm Mexican, cabrón. No such thing as a "Texican".
- Goodnight Robicheaux: Try telling that to my granddaddy. He died at the Alamo. New Orleans Greys, long barracks, bayonets. Blood, teeth. Mauled by a horde of teeming brown devils.
- Vasquez: My grandfather was one of those devils, you know. Toluca Battalion. Hey, maybe my... (continue)(continue reading)
- Lelaina Pierce: I just don't understand why things just can't go back to normal at the end of the half hour like on the "Brady Bunch" or something.
- Troy Dyer: Well, 'cause Mr. Brady died of AIDS. Things don't turn out like that.
Don't call the alligator "big mouth" till you cross the river.
“That guy was nothing, alright? I didn't take his life, I lived it. I was the best thing that ever happened to that guy. You looked at him, and you saw me, and I looked at you, and I saw you, and we are the same.”
“- Goodnight Robicheaux: I'll try to use one-syllable words from now on.
- Josh Faraday: What's a syllable?”