Ethan Hawke quotes
“I was never more certain of how far away I was from my goal than when I was standing right beside it.”
“There's no gene for fate.”
“They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore.”
You know what's the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you? It's when you remember how little you thought about the people you broke up with and you realize that is how little they're thinking of you. You know, you'd like to think you're both in all this pain but they're just like "Hey, I'm glad you're gone".
- Vasquez: I'm Mexican, cabrón. No such thing as a "Texican".
- Goodnight Robicheaux: Try telling that to my granddaddy. He died at the Alamo. New Orleans Greys, long barracks, bayonets. Blood, teeth. Mauled by a horde of teeming brown devils.
- Vasquez: My grandfather was one of those devils, you know. Toluca Battalion. Hey, maybe my... (continue)(continue reading)
- Lelaina Pierce: I just don't understand why things just can't go back to normal at the end of the half hour like on the "Brady Bunch" or something.
- Troy Dyer: Well, 'cause Mr. Brady died of AIDS. Things don't turn out like that.
Don't call the alligator "big mouth" till you cross the river.
“That guy was nothing, alright? I didn't take his life, I lived it. I was the best thing that ever happened to that guy. You looked at him, and you saw me, and I looked at you, and I saw you, and we are the same.”
I was driving around with this buddy of mine, he was a big atheist, and we came to a stop, next to this homeless guy. And my buddy takes out a 100 dollar bill, and leans out the window, and he says, "Do you believe in God?". And the guy looks at my friend, and he looks at the money, he says, "Uh, yes, I do". My friend says, "wrong answer", and... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Goodnight Robicheaux: I'll try to use one-syllable words from now on.
- Josh Faraday: What's a syllable?”
“- Jake: How much money was in that bag?
- Alonzo: 40 G's.
- Jake: What was that for?
- Alonzo: You really wanna know?
- Jake: Yeah. I asked, didn't I?
- Alonzo: Nothing's free in this world, Jake. Not even arrest warrants.
- Jake: Shit, I didn't wanna know.”
“Fame is a sarcophagus.”
“I heard a knock at the door. There was an old lady. They were headed to my dads workshop. I could hear chanting, they were wearing robes. There was a black mask. I think they were following me.”
“I am starting to use my head again.”
“I'm not one of you... I'm not one of you!”
“What a merry band, we are. Me a Grey, Chisolm a Blue, Billy a mysterious man of the Orient, a drunk Irishman, a Texican, a female and her gentlemen caller. This is not going to end well.”
“- Jude: What did you mean when you said you were here to kidnap me?
- Les: I'm rescuing you. Taking you to the Big Apple.
- Jude: And why would I go with you?
- Les: I'm offering you Manhattan, champ. Don't play hard to get.”