“- Mickey: Jesus, what a sheltered life I've led. I have book knowledge but you've really tasted life.
- Carolina: You've been round the world.
- Mickey: Yeah, but you've been around the block. You think you'll always be looking over your shoulder?
- Carolina: Everybody dies, you can't walk around thinking about it.
- Mickey: You're talking to a...” (continue) (continue reading)
“I'm a private person; I stick to my neighbourhood and eat in my little restaurants.”
“I take fancy dress very seriously. I mean incredibly seriously.”
“For a woman, body image is always a palpable thing. Weirdly, for me, the only time I don't care is when I'm in character.”
“- Dottie Smith: Your eyes hurt.
- Killer Joe Cooper: I beg your pardon?”
“- Carolina: I’m marked. They’re going to kill me.
- Humpty: That’s what you get when you marry a gangster.”
“- Killer Joe Cooper: Tuna casserole! May I serve?
- Dottie Smith: How are you gonna kill my mama?
- Killer Joe Cooper: That's not appropriate dinner conversation, Dottie.
- Dottie Smith: Unless you poison her.”
“- Dottie Smith: Are you gonna kill my mama?
- Killer Joe Cooper: I don't know. Why?
- Dottie Smith: Just curious.”