Natalie Portman quotes
“- The Priest: I have lived a blessed life. And yet every night, when I climb into bed, turn off the lights, and stare in to the dark, I wonder... Is this all there is?
- Jackie Kennedy: You wonder?
- The Priest: Every soul on this planet does. But then, when morning comes, we all wake up and make a pot of coffee.
- Jackie Kennedy: Why do we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
- Andrew Largeman: You'll see one day when you move out. You feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist. Maybe it's like this rite of passage. You won't ever have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself for your kids,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Hold me, like you did by the lake on Naboo; so long ago when there was nothing but our love. No politics, no plotting, no war.”
“- Anakin Skywalker: An angel. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the moons of Lego, I think. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe.
- Queen Amidala: You're a funny little boy. How do you know so much?
- Anakin Skywalker: I listen to all the traders and star pilots who come through here. I'm a pilot, you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It doesn’t matter anymore if you’re Michelangelo, or if you’re Mikey and Angelo from New Brighton. All that matters is that you have an angle.”
“I keep feeling like big moments get stolen away from me.”
“- Albertine: I’m worried about you.
- Celeste: You’re worried about me? You don’t need to worry about me. I’m solid. I worry about you. Baby, that’s my job to worry about you.”
“You can fuck me for a little while we're high.”
“It's... it's a weird world we live in, and, I guess, no matter how much you try to ignore all these things that are really happening, sometimes they just find a way to creep in.”
“I am sick and tired of everybody treating me like I'm not a person!”
“You know a girl's first time is very important. It determines the rest of her life sexually. I read that once in one of my sister's magazine. My girlfriends told me they hated their first experience. That's because they didn't love the guys. They just did it to show off. Afterwards, they started liking it. Like cigarette. Will i like it the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Objects and artifacts last far longer than people, and they represent important ideas in history, identity, beauty.”
“When something is written down, does that make it true?”
“- King Henry VIII: I have torn this country apart for you!
- Anne Boleyn: For which you should thank me, not be angry!”
“- King Henry VIII: With no man to hold onto how do you plan to stay on your horse?
- Anne Boleyn: As you do Your Grace, with my thighs.”
“- The Journalist: Most writers want to be famous.
- Jackie Kennedy: You want to be famous?
- The Journalist: No, I'm fine as I am.
- Jackie Kennedy: You should prepare yourself, this article will bring you a great deal of attention.
- The Journalist: Ah. In that case, any advice for me?
- Jackie Kennedy: Yes. Don't marry the president.”
“- Jackie Kennedy: I wrote him a letter. That night, before we moved the casket to the Capitol. Do you know what I wrote? That I wanted to die. I wanted to die.
- The Priest: I understand.
- Jackie Kennedy: Do you?
- The Priest: I do. Unless you are askingpermission.
- Jackie Kennedy: No, only crass, self-indulgent people kill themselves. No, I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The man would spend whatever it took for votes, but balked at buying a beautiful painting.”
“You feel that? That little bom-bom-bom? That's where the heart is.”
“If I gave the king a son, he would not be a bastard.”
“- Padmé: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like.
- Anakin Skywalker: Or be with the people I love.
- Padmé: Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi.”