Harold Ramis quotes
“How one handles success or failure is determined by their early childhood.”
- Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
- John: You mean, like, flaming, or...
- Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
- Russell: No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn.
- John: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
- Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Raymond Stantz: You have been a participant in the biggest interdimensional cross rip since the Tunguska blast of 1909!
- Louis Tully: Felt great.
- Dr. Egon Spengler: We'd like to get a sample of your brain tissue.”
- Dr. Raymond Stantz: Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?
- Dr. Egon Spengler: Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?
- Dr. Raymond Stantz: If the answer is "yes", then don't wait another minute. Pick up the phone... (continue)(continue reading)
“Life doesn't care about your vision. You just gotta roll with it.”
“Whenever a critic mentions the salary of an actor, I'm thinking, He's not talking about the movie.”
“I always claim that the writer has done 90 percent of the director's work.”
“No matter what I have to say, I'm still trying to say it in comedic form.”
“- John Winger: I've had an interesting morning. In the last two hours I've lost my job, my apartment, my car, and my girlfriend.
- Russell Ziskey: You still have your health.”
“- John: C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.
- Russell: Well I got the shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!”
“- Russell: John, do you think I'm officer material?
- John: God, I'm worried about you.
- Russell: Come on! I'm in good shape, I'm walking tall, I'm looking good. First weekend in Europe.
- John: Yeah. We're spending it in an airplane hangar... guarding a truck!
- Russell: We've got each other.”
“- Dr. Egon Spengler: Vigo the Carpathian. Born 1505, died 1610.
- Dr. Peter Venkman: 105-years-old, he hung in there, didn't he?
- Dr. Raymond Stantz: He didn't die of old age, either. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disembowled, drawn and quartered.”
I've always been kind of a pacifist. When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it". I don't know what kind of soldier I'm gonna make, but I want you guys to know that if we ever get into really heavy combat... I'll be right behind you guys. Every step of the way.
“- Louis Tully: Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.
[the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Russell: You could join a monastery.
- John: Did you ever see a monk get wildly fucked by some teenage girls?
- Russell: Never.
- John: So much for the monastery.”
“- Dr. Peter Venkman: Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
- Dr. Egon Spengler: That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.”
“- Edsel: I think... you're coming in a little high, man.
- Zeke: Look, man, if there's one thing I know, it's how to drive while I'm stoned. It's like you know your perspective's fucked so you just let your hands work the controls as if you were straight.”