Peter Vaughan quotes
“- T.V. Interviewer: How do you account for the fact that the bombing campaign has been going on for thirteen years?
- Mr. Helpmann: Beginners' luck.”
“- Mrs. Ogre: Aren't they lovely? We can have them for breakfast.
- Winston the Ogre: You mean eat their boots?
- Mrs. Ogre: No dear, I mean eat all of them. Every little bit.”
“- Judge Thomas Danforth: If you do not give me his name, I will have you arrested for contempt of court.
- Giles Corey: This is a hearing. You cannot arrest me for contempt of a hearing.”
“- Boy Pullen: You are afeared of the Zulus then, Quartermaster?
- Q.S.M. Bloomfield: One Zulu is only one man... and I'm afeared of no one man... but the Zulu, they come in the thousands... like a black wave of death... in the thousands... and them assegais... stabbing!”
“- Valjean: How do you know I'm not going to murder you?
- Bishop: How do you know I'm not going to murder you?
- Valjean: What is that - a joke?
- Bishop: I guess we'll have to trust each other.”
“- Artur Nebe: What do you want, Globus?
- Odilo 'Globus' Globocnik: I want to... broaden your horizons.”
“There used to be a time when you could be sure of catching old boots, cans, hat racks, boxes. Now it's prawns all the bloody time.”
“I never lend books to coal miners.”