Plot – Sam Lowry works as archivist in a unidentified megalopolis where Power and Bureaucracy control everone and everything. People are controlled by the information Department, but groups of terrorists sow destruction and death in order to change the situation. In fact Sam opposes the system escaping in his own dreams. In his imagination, he has built a second life where he's free. One day, Sam is shacked by his torpor and has visions of monstrous giants. Strange characters encourage him to accept a promotion to get access to secret data to find back Jill Latton. He lives then various adventures against the system, until his best friend stops him. Alone and totally nullified, Sam dreams again and this time he's traveling with Jill to an unknown location, where they will live together.
All actors – Jonathan Pryce, Robert De Niro, Katherine Helmond, Ian Holm, Bob Hoskins, Michael Palin, Ian Richardson, Peter Vaughan, Kim Greist, Jim Broadbent, Barbara Hicks, Charles McKeown, Derrick O'Connor, Kathryn Pogson, Bryan Pringle, Sheila Reid, John Flanagan, Ray Cooper, Brian Miller, Simon Nash, Prudence Oliver, Simon Jones, Derek Deadman, Nigel Planer, Terence Bayler, Gorden Kaye, Tony Portacio, Bill Wallis, Winston Dennis, Jack Purvis, Elizabeth Spender, Antony Brown, Myrtle Devenish, Holly Gilliam, John Pierce Jones, Ann Way, Don Henderson, Howard Lew Lewis, Oscar Quitak, Harold Innocent, John Grillo, Ralph Nossek, David Gant, James Coyle, Patrick Connor, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Russell Keith Grant, , Sue Hodge, Sadie Corre, Margarita Doyle, Dominic Ffytche, Terry Forrestal, Terry Gilliam, John Hasler, Frank Jakeman, Sergio Kato, Peter Sandsshow all
“Brazil” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Harry Tuttle: Bloody paperwork. Huh!
- Sam Lowry: I suppose one has to expect a certain amount.
- Harry Tuttle: Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.”
“- T.V. Interviewer: How do you account for the fact that the bombing campaign has been going on for thirteen years?
- Mr. Helpmann: Beginners' luck.”
“- Sam Lowry: Excuse me, Dowser, can you put me through to Mr. Helpmann's office?
- Dowser: I'm afraid I can't sir. You have to go through the proper channels.
- Sam Lowry: And you can't tell me what the proper channels are, because that's classified information?
- Dowser: I'm glad to see the Ministry's continuing its tradition of recruiting the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is information retrieval not information dispersal.”
“Care for a little necrophilia? Hmmm?”
“In life, Mrs Terrain was beautiful. In death, not so beautiful. But the Spirit is still the same!”
“Faces are a doddle compared to tits and ass. No hairline.”
“Suspicion builds confidence.”
“There you are, your own number on your very own door. And behind that door, your very own office! Welcome to the team, DZ-015.”
“- Sam Lowry: I only know you got the wrong man.
- Jack Lint: Information Transit got the wrong man. I got the right man. The wrong one was delivered to me as the right man, I accepted him on good faith as the right man. Was I wrong?”
“- Santa Claus: What would you like for Christmas?
- Little girl on his lap: My own credit card.”
“My complication had a little complication. But Dr. Jaffe says I'll soon be up and bounding about like a young gazelle.”