“The Road to El Dorado” quotes(2000)
Plot – Tullio and Miguel are two crooks living in Spain in the fourteenth century. To avoid scammed ires, they hide on Cortez's galleon, which is departing to America. Onboard, they are discovered so they manage to escape with Altivo, a faithful warhorse. Once in El Dorado the two are mistaken for gods by the crowd, but they can't fool the sensual Chelo, who becomes their irreplaceable guide.
All actors – Kevin Kline, Kenneth Branagh, Rosie Perez, Armand Assante, Edward James Olmos, Jim Cummings, Frank Welker, Tobin Bell, Duncan Marjoribanks, Elijah Chiang, Cyrus Shaki-Khan, Elton Johnshow all
“The Road to El Dorado” Quotes 16 quotes
- Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
- Miguel: Yes, that's it Altivo. Find the pry bar!
- Tulio: Yes, "find the pry bar". He doesn't understand "pry bar"! He's a dumb horse, there's no way he could understand.
“My crew was chosen as carefully as the Disciples of Christ, and I will not tolerate stowaways. You will be flogged. And when we put in to Cuba to resupply, God willing, you will be flogged some more. And then enslaved on the sugar plantations for the rest of your miserable lives. To the brig!”
“I will give you the honor of a quick and painless death.”
“- Miguel: I am Miguel.
- Tulio: And I am Tulio.
- Miguel: And they call us Miguel and Tulio!”
“- Tzekel-Kan: You do not want the tribute?
- Miguel: No no, we want tribute, it's just that, um... Tulio, tell him.
- Tulio: The stars are not in position for this tribute!
- Miguel: Like he said! Stars!... Can't do it... Not today.”
“- Miguel: Tulio, you worry too much.
- Tulio: No, I worry exactly the right amount. You can never worry too much!”
“Miguel, you know that little voice people have that tells them to quit when they're ahead? You don't have one!”
“- Miguel: How's the escape plan coming?
- Tulio: Wait! I'm getting something!”
“- Miguel: Look! El Dorado! The city of gold! This could be our destiny! Our fate!
- Tulio: Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice.”
“- Miguel: Any regrets?
- Tulio: You mean besides dying? Yeah. I never had enough... gold.
- Miguel: My regret, besides dying is... our greatest adventure is over before it began, and no one will even remember us.”