Skepticism quotes14 skepticism quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Adm. Chester W. Nimitz: Mr. President, with all respect, sir. What you're asking can't be done.
[the president attempts to disengage his wheelchair leg braces and stand]
- George: [tries to aid the president] Mr. President...
- Roosevelt: Get back, George. Get back. [struggles to stand but is able to stand erect] Do not tell me it can't be done.”
“The world is full of skeptics.”
“You can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of shit.”
“- Vicomte de Valmont: Be careful of the Marquise de Merteuil.
- Chevalier Danceny: You must permit me to treat with skepticism anything you have to say about her.
- Vicomte de Valmont: Nevertheless, I must tell you in this affair, we are both her creatures, as I believe her letters to me will prove. When you have read them, you may decide to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Michael Kitz: You admit that you very well may have hallucinated this whole thing.
- Ellie Arroway: Yes.
- Michael Kitz: You admit that if you were in our position, you would respond with exactly the same degree of incredulity and skepticism!
- Ellie Arroway: Yes!
- Michael Kitz: Then why don't you simply withdraw your testimony, and concede...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Miguel: Look! El Dorado! The city of gold! This could be our destiny! Our fate!
- Tulio: Miguel, if I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice.”
“You have no idea how it feels not to be trusted.”
“Dear Diary, I am writing in your bullshit pages because my shrink is crazier then I am. He thinks you're therapy.”
“Why would Danny and Diane both be suffering from the same delusion in two cities over 1,000 miles apart? Let's face it, folks. There are no alligators in the sewers. No, it's... It's around the campfire. It's bedtime stories. See, these stories are modern oral folklore. They are the unselfconscious reflection of the fears of urban society.”