Gold quotes49 gold quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'll not rest till I have me gold. Curse this well that me soul shall dwell, till I find me magic that breaks me spell.”
“Try as they will, and try as they might, who steals me gold won't live through the night.”
“I know what gold does to men's souls.”
“Listen, Robinson, we are going to be on this sub with these men and it is going to be full of gold, right? What happens when one of them starts to figure out that their share gets bigger when there is less people… to share it with?”
“- Vince: It's been up there fifty years and it isn't even tarnished!
- Bradlee: That's the beauty of gold. It never tarnishes. Lasts forever, too. You can twist it, pound it, even piss on it but it's always the same gold. It was here long before we were and it'll be here a long time after we're gone. I bet you a lot of men have died for the gold...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The army may not care about art, but they sure as shit care about gold.”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: Wiggins, why do you think those insolent heathens attacked us?
- Wiggins: Because we invaded their land and cut down their trees and dug up their earth?
- Governor Ratcliffe: It's the gold! They have it and they don't want us to take it from them. Well, I'll just have to take it by force then, won't I?”
“Hey, look! The Golden Gate Bridge! Isn't that great? It's not made out of solid gold like we thought, which is kind of a disappointment, but still!”
“- Cheryl: Well, after you left, he started getting into drugs and stuff. Things got really bad when he...
- Jack Spade: Well, what? Cheryl, come on!
- Cheryl: He started wearing gold chains, Jack.
- Jack Spade: Oh, God, no!”
“Money, capital, has a life of its own. It's a force of the nature like gravity, like the oceans, it flows where it wants to flow. This whole thing with the Arabs and gold is inevitable, we're just going with the tide. The only question is whether you wanna let it go like an unguided missile and raise hell or whether you wanna keep it in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The only thing better than blowing up 100 billion dollars worth of gold is making people think you did.”
“- Simon Gruber: John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's 13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
- John McClane: Yeah, I got a deal for you. Crawl out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.
- Simon Gruber: How colorful.”
“When they come, tell them that we went boating and got lost. Nothing about Ray, and nothing about the gold.”
“- Laura Lee: Kansas was all golden and smelled like sunshine.
- Josey Wales: Yeah, well, I always heard there were three kinds of suns in Kansas: sunshine, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches.”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: It's time to start digging.
- Ben: Digging?
- Governor Ratcliffe: Why, of course. Let's not forget what the Spanish found when they came to the New World. Gold! Mountains of it. Why, for years they've been ravaging the New World of its most precious resources. But now it's our turn.”
“What's that? Oh, a naked lady. But wait! A golden backscratcher!”
“Real diamonds! They must be worth their weight in gold!”
“You are all under arrest, you're getting court-martialed and you're gonna show us that bullion.”
“- Alex: A leprechaun? Let's inject a little reality in here, please.
- Ozzie: I saw him. I really did see him. He even tried to polish my shoes.
- Alex: Then where's his pot of gold?
- Ozzie: That's what he said he wants. He said he wanted his pot of gold!”
“- Amir Abdullah: You know what I think? You're stealing gold, that's what I think. We're fighting Saddam and dying, and you're stealing gold.
- Archie Gates: You're wrong.
- Amir Abdullah: They have half a million men in the desert and they send four guys to pick up all this bullion? I don't think so.”