Plot – Once upon a time, in a distant swamp, an irascible ogre named Shrek is happy of his solitude. But this precious commodity is soon shattered by some annoying fairy tale characters. There are blind mice in his food, a big bad wolf in his bed, three homeless little pigs and so forth and they are all expelled from the fairy tales’ realm by the evil Lord Farquaad. Willing to do anything they can to save the world, not to mention his, Shrek makes a deal with Farquaad and is committed to save his bride, the beautiful Princess Fiona first draft of a virtual actress in film history. Donkey, who would do anything for Shrek, except shutting up, accompanies him throughout the mission. Rescuing the princess from a fire-breathing dragon will be the least of their problems now that Fiona is about to reveal her dark secret.
All actors – Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, John Lithgow, Vincent Cassel, Peter Dennis, Clive Pearse, Jim Cummings, Bobby Block, Chris Miller, Cody Cameron, Kathleen Freeman, Michael Galasso, Christopher Knights, Simon J. Smith, Conrad Vernon, Jacquie Barnbrook, Guillaume Aretos, John Bisom, Matthew Gonder, Calvin Remsberg, Jean-Paul Vignon, Val Bettin, Andrew Adamson, Patty Cornell, Charles Dennis, Susan Fitzer, Elisa Gabriellishow all
“Shrek” Quotes 30 quotes
“Donkey, two things okay? Shut... up!”
“That's my princess! Go find your own!”
“- Lord Farquaad: What's that? It's hideous!
- Shrek: Well, that's not very nice. It's just a donkey.”
“- Donkey: I have a bit of a confession to make: donkeys don't have layers. We wear our fear right there on our sleeves.
- Shrek: Wait a second, donkeys don't have sleeves!”
“Celebrity marriages. They never last, do they?”
“We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I'm making waffles!”
“- Shrek: Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
- Donkey: You both have layers. You know, not everybody like onions. Cake! Everybody loves cake! Cakes have layers!
- Shrek: I don't care what everyone likes! Ogres are not like cakes.”
“- Shrek: You can't tell me you're afraid of heights?
- Donkey: No, I'm just uncomfortable about being on a rickety bridge over a boiling lake of lava!”
“- Donkey: Can you tell my future from these stars?
- Shrek: The stars don't tell the future. They tell stories.”
“That must be Lord Farquaad's castle... Do you think he's maybe compensating for something?”
“- Shrek: For your information, there's a lot more to ogres than people think.
- Donkey: Example?
- Shrek: Example... ogres are like onions!
- Donkey: They stink?”
- Donkey: What's your problem, Shrek, what you got against the whole world anyway?
- Shrek: Look, I'm not the one with the problem, okay? It's the world that seems to have a problem with me! People take one look at me and go "Aargh! Help! Run! A big stupid ugly ogre!". They judge me before they even know me - that's why I'm better off alone...
“- Shrek: Stop singing! Well, it's no wonder you don't have any friends!
- Donkey: Wow! Only a true friend would be that cruelly honest!”