“- Michael: I guess it's kind of an escape.
- Dr. Fromberg: Like, uh... lighting up a marijuana cigarette and escaping the real world, hmm? Like watching a pornographic sex film, getting an erection and raping someone? Is that what you mean?
- Michael: You know, I don't think erections rape people. People rape people.”
Plot – Michael is a sad teenager with a complex family situation: his mother died and his father is always away for business. The boy lives alone surrounded by computers, role playing games and horror movies. One day he discovers a new pastime: Brainscan, a virtual reality that presents an endless series of gruesome scenes which threatens to turn Michael into a serial killer. Detective Hayden manages to get in touch with the boy.
All actors – Edward Furlong, Frank Langella, T. Ryder Smith, Amy Hargreaves, Jamie Marsh, Victor Ertmanis, David Hemblen, Vlasta Vrana, Domenico Fiore, Claire Riley, Tod Fennell, Michèle-Barbara Pelletiershow all
“Brainscan” Quotes 12 quotes
“They could pump a million volts in me. They could bust my fingers, one bye one, by one, by one. They could dig out my eyes. But... No country-western music, please. Every man has his limits.”
“- Kyle: That's pretty cool, ya know, havin' a murder in our neighborhood and everything.
- Michael: Kyle, a guy just died and you think that's cool?
- Kyle: No, I don't mean cool, but it's interesting.”
“- The Trickster: I was there when you cut off his foot. It was real. It was magic.
- Michael: It wasn't supposed to be real!
- The Trickster: Real, unreal, what's the difference? So long as you don't get caught.”
“- Michael: I didn't kill the man. I didn't even know him!
- The Trickster: There lies the beauty. You had no motive. It was totally random. Like in the animal world, prey doesn't have a name. It was primal.”
“- The Trickster: You wanted the ultimate experience in terror. Well, terror's in the doing. It's not watching horror films like some child. It's not spying on Kimberly. You get off on that, Michael.
- Michael: I love her.
- The Trickster: It could be any girl in any window and you know it.
- Michael: I won't kill her!”
“- The Trickster: Why did you leave the school on the day of the murder, Mr. Brower? Where were you last night, Mr. Brower? Were you alone, Mr. Brower? Where's your father, Mr. Brower? Where's your mother, Mr. Brower?
- Michael: Shut up!
- The Trickster: Oh, I don't believe they'll find that answer satisfactory.”
“Video games are ancient history. This is the first disk in a series of four. If time runs out you'll not be allowed to play the next disk. That can be extremely dangerous. Do not let that happen. One final detail... you must think like a killer. Cover up any clues. Leave no witnesses, no evidence. And most importantly, enjoy the fear!”