“Ever After” quotes(1998)
All actors – Drew Barrymore, Anjelica Huston, Dougray Scott, Patrick Godfrey, Megan Dodds, Melanie Lynskey, Timothy West, Judy Parfitt, Jeroen Krabbé, Lee Ingleby, Kate Lansbury, Matyelok Gibbs, Walter Sparrow, Jeanne Moreau, Anna Maguire, Richard O'Brien, Peter Gunn, Joerg Stadler, Andy Henderson, Toby Jones, Virginia García, Al Ashton, Mark Lewis, Howard Attfield, Ricki Cuttell, Ricardo Cruz, John Walters, Elizabeth Earl, Alex Pooley, Janet Henfrey, Ursula Jones, Amanda Walker, Rupam Maxwell, Tony Doyle, Christian Marc, Elvira Stevenson, Erick Awanzino, Susan Field, François Velter, Dominic Rols, Jean-Pierre Mazieresshow all
“Ever After” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Prince Henry: Mother, Father, I want to build a university, with the largest library on the continent, where anyone can study, no matter their station!
- King Francis: All right... who are you... and what have you done with my son?
- Prince Henry: [laughs] Oh, and I want to invite the gypsies to the ball!”
“Nothing is final 'til you're dead, and even then, I'm sure God negotiates.”
“- Young Gustave: You look like a girl!
- Young Danielle: That's what I am, half-wit!
- Young Gustave: Yeah, but today you look it.
- Young Danielle: Boy or girl, I can still whip you!”
“- Prince Henry: How can you be certain to find them? And if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears, or, or she does, but you're too distracted to notice?
- Leonardo: You learn to pay attention.
- Prince Henry: Then let's say God puts...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rodmilla: Marguerite, precious, what do I always say about tone?
- Jacqueline: A lady of breeding ought never to raise her voice any louder than the... gentle hum of a whisper in the wind.
- Rodmilla: Jacqueline, dear, do not speak unless you can improve the silence.”
“- Louise: Why, that was pure genius!
- Leonardo: Yes! I shall go down in history as the man who opened a door!”
“- Danielle: Signore, my name is Danielle de Barbarac, and I am but a servant.
- Leonardo: Yes, and I'm the bastard son of a peasant. What does that have to do with anything?”
“I kneel before you not as a prince, but as a man in love... But I would feel like a king if you, Danielle de Barbarac, would be my wife.”
“- Prince Henry: You're looking well, Marguerite.
- Marguerite: You're welcome to look, Your Highness.”
“A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?”
“Some people read because they cannot think for themselves.”
“- Leonardo: Come, let's see these paintings of yours.
- Gustave: Now?
- Leonardo: When you're as old as I am, son, now is all you've got.”
“You cannot leave everything to fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand.”