Swimming quotes44 swimming quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I got a backpack on! You don't get in water with a backpack, everybody knows that.”
“You've just taught some giants how to swim, earthling.”
“- Tival: Apes are afraid of water. They can't swim.
- Ari: We drown!
- Daena: That is why every day we pray for rain.”
“I thought black people couldn't ski. Or is that swimming?”
“- Picard: In 300 years, you never learned to swim?
- Anij: I just haven't got around to it yet.”
“- Winnie Foster: I can't swim.
- Jesse Tuck: You're joshing me!
- Winnie Foster: I wish I were.
- Jesse Tuck: So, you're afraid you'll drown, right? Swallow too much water, sink to the bottom and die!
- Winnie: Thank you for putting it so vividly, and yes, considering I'd sink like a rock, drowning is a fair concern!”
“I never met a person who couldn't swim before.”
“You can't swim. I suppose you could drown, though. Anybody can do that. Even on dry land.”
“There is no such thing as tough. There is trained and untrained. Now which are you?”
“- Charles McCulloch: You know, long lady, you've been coming out here every summer for the last three years and you still haven't learned how to swim.
- Young Rennie Wickham: I'll take some lessons this time. I promise.
- Charles McCulloch: Now, that's what you said last year. I think the time has come for your first swimming lesson. You don't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you're gonna get wet, might as well go swimming.”
“Just keep swimming.”
“- Elaine: I thought you said you couldn't swim!
- Louise: I can't!”
“- Jimmy Bly: What are you doing?
- Sophia Simone: Swimming.
- Jimmy Bly: Swimming? That's swimming to you, huh? I don't think that's swimming; that's, uh... a little beyond. I've never seen anything like that. Pretty fantastic.”
“- Engelberg: [helping Buttermaker clean pools] When we're through, can we go swimming?
- Coach Morris Buttermaker: No! Don't jump in Engleberg, you'll flood the valley.”