Servants quotes52 servants quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“To serve people takes dignity and intelligence. But remember, they are only people with money. And although we serve them, we are not their servants. What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.”
“- Casey Ryback: What made you flip like this?
- William Strannix: I got tired of coming up with last-minute desperate solutions to impossible problems created by other fucking people.
- Casey Ryback: All of your ridiculouspitiful antics aren't gonna change a thing. You and me, we're puppets in the same sick game. We serve the same master, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Do you know what a harlequin is? A harlequin's role is to serve. It's nothing without a master. No one gives two shits who we are, beyond that.”
“- Lady Tremaine: [pointing to Ella's breakfast plate] Who's this for? Is there someone we've forgotten?
- Cinderella: [smiles] It's my place.
- Lady Tremaine: Oh, it seems too much to expect you to prepare breakfast, serve it and to sit with us. Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella? Or should I say, Cinderella? Hmm?”
“I don't live alone, I have the housekeeper!”
“- Elisabeth Laurier: Shall we start our lessons?
- Louisa Godwin: I don't have to do what you say. You're just a servant.”
“- Caroline Lane: You are so good. Thank God! You should be a personal assistant.
- Rachel Hoffberg: She's a maid.
- Caroline Lane: So are they, with better titles.”
“- Captain: Madam, there is no other maiden in your house?
- Lady Tremaine: No!
- Captain: And has your cat learned to sing?”
“Your madjester, I am your most humbug servant.”
“- Cinderella: Yes, stepmother.
- Lady Tremaine: You needn't call me that. Madam will do.”
“Very stupid to kill the only servant in the house. Now we don't even know where to find the marmalade.”
“I wouldn't want to be reincarnated as a butler.”
“What is a lobby boy? A lobby boy is completely invisible, yet always in sight. A lobby boy remembers what people hate. A lobby boy anticipates the client's needs before the needs are needed. A lobby boy is, above all, discreet to a fault. Our guests know that their deepest secrets, some of which are frankly rather unseemly, will go with us to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You must look through your eyes, see what it is that they want, see what it is that they need, anticipate, bring a smile to the principal's eyes.”
“- Nora: I'm glad to be getting out of this house. From now on, I'll have servants of my own!
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: You'll find out what a picnic that is!”
“You think you're a member of this family, but you're not. You're just the hired help.”
“- Annie: This is Grandfather.
- Hallie: He's so cute. What do we call him?
- Annie: Grandfather.
- Hallie: That makes sense.
- Annie: This is Martin. He's our Butler.
- Hallie: [surprised] We have a Butler? ”
“- Jamie Blake: We're gonna die. We're gonna die, we're gonna die. What do you think they're gonna do to us?
- Morris Fenderbaum: I don't know what they're gonna do to you, but since Mr. T ain't here, I'll be too busy licking their boots to see.”
“When you squeeze the nobility, it's the peasants who feel the pinch.”
“You're a butler now! Butle!”