“- Alex Whitman: Wait a minute! You snuck out on me, and I never heard from you again. And now you just show up, tell me you're pregnant, and I'm supposed to know exactly what to do? Well, I'm sorry, but I don't know, exactly, what to do.
- Isabel Fuentes: That's the first good thing you've said all night.”
“Fools Rush In” quotes(1997)
Plot – Three months after a one-night stand, Isabel shows up at Alex's home in Las Vegas and tells him she is pregnant, so together they decide to get married “Las Vegas style”. This is the beginning of their troubles. Alex is a tenacious New Yorker, waiting for the great professional opportunity to get back in town, while Isabel is an American of Mexican origins who does not want to leave her big family, all settled nearby. When the opportunity comes, Alex decides not to give it up but does not say anything to his wife. Even more troubles arrive when his parents come to visit unexpectedly and discover their son is married.
All actors – Matthew Perry, Salma Hayek, Jon Tenney, Carlos Gómez, Tomas Milian, Siobhan Fallon Hogan, John Bennett Perry, Stanley DeSantis, Suzanne Snyder, Anne Betancourt, Jill Clayburgh, Angelina Torres, Debby Shively, Mark Adair-Rios, Annie Combs, Shelley Morrison, María Cellario, Irene Hernández, Josh Cruze, Angela Lanza, Randy Sutton, Christopher Michael, Angel Valdez, César Santana, Garret Davis, Chris O'Neill, John Tripp, Andrew Hill Newman, Chris Bauer, Douglas Weston, Rupert Baca, Jan Austell, Cydney Arther, Leslie Silva, Maryann Plunkett, Juel Mendel, Eddie Powers, Salvador Saldaña, , Roger Anthony, Robert Arevalo, Beth Broderick, Gilda Longoria, Marshall Dancing Elk Lucas, Bob Pepper, Maridean Mansfield Shepard, Jay So, Sheila Surkes Scotti, Jeff Yeskoshow all
“Fools Rush In” Quotes 21 quotes
“Jesus, why didn't they just build this place on the surface of the fucking sun?”
“In case you haven't noticed, the white people are melting out here!”
“You are everything I never knew I always wanted.”
“- Tracey Verna: Well nobody ever plans to end up in Vegas. You just do. Kinda sneaks up on you. But it is the fastest growing economy in the US, the economy is booming, business is growing, I'm up to my neck in paperwork. Oh, but frankly, it's not a whole lotta fun. Are you are whole lotta fun Alex?
- Alex Whitman: Ah, Jeff said we might have...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Amalia: You left Alex with your brothers?
- Isabel Fuentes: And Chuy.
- Amalia: Oh, I better light another candle.”
“- Alex Whitman: How've you been?
- Isabel Fuentes: Pregnant.”
“I pee really fast. I live with five brothers, three cousins and only one bathroom. Believe me, I can pee faster than anyone in the world.”
“Why, does it come off?”
“- Isabel Fuentes: Alex, this is Chuy.
- Alex Whitman: Chuy, hi. I'm Luke Skywalker.”
“They're great. I had no idea that families talked at dinner.”
“- Jeff: I mean, this makes no sense at all. Why would you marry her... unless you knocked her up?
- Alex Whitman: [pauses]
- Jeff: You knocked her up?
- Alex Whitman: Yes, but that had nothing to do with it!”
“You will never know love unless you surrender to it.”
“- Alex Whitman: There was nothing I could do the deal starts July 1st.
- Isabel Fuentes: Tell them to wait.
- Alex Whitman: I can't do that.
- Isabel Fuentes: Can't or won't?
- Alex Whitman: I've worked to long, too hard...
- Isabel Fuentes: To what? To share your life with someone who loves you? Who cares for you? Alex you have to be there...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Alex Whitman: I thought we were a family...
- Isabel Fuentes: [turns around] You don't understand the concept of a family! To you it's something you put up with on national holidays! Love is a gift, Alex not an obligation.
- Alex Whitman: Look this is the brass ring. I've worked my entire life for this kind of opportunity and I am not gonna...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Isabel Fuentes: It was a sign, Alex.
- Alex Whitman: Of what?
- Isabel Fuentes: That the baby would be Catholic.
- Alex Whitman: Oh, well, then it's a good thing you weren't stopped in front of an IHOP.”
“- Alex Whitman: Where are you going?
- Isabel Fuentes: You're not my favorite person right now.
- Alex Whitman: Yeah, well, you neither.”
“- Alex Whitman: But we were only together one night.
- Isabel Fuentes: That's all it took.
- Alex Whitman: And I used a condom. Lots of them.
- Isabel Fuentes: Well, one didn't work.
- Alex Whitman: But that's it's job! It's whole purpose in life is... to work.”
“Whatever you do, don't tell them I picked you up outside a bathroom.”
“- Alex Whitman: Isabel, don't jump.
- Isabel Fuentes: I'm not going to kill myself, stupid. But if you come any closer, I'll throw your ass over.”
“- Isabel Fuentes: No. No quiero oir nada. No quiero que me digas una palabra. Estoy harto de todos tus mentiras. Esos son todos lo que me has dicho. Cobarde.
- Alex Whitman: What does that mean?
- Isabel Fuentes: It means that you are a liar and a coward. That's what it means.
- Alex Whitman: It sounded so much prettier in Spanish.”