“Gone Fishin'” quotes(1997)
Plot – During a prize vacation in Florida, two avid fishermen hope to realize the dream of their lives: to hook the "big one". Unfortunately, their car gets stolen at their first stop and they end up pushing the boat along the road. Two beautiful girls chasing the thief, who is running away with the jewels of one of them, give the two fishermen a lift. The dream of a quiet holiday instantly fades away, but their sense of humor remains.
All actors – Joe Pesci, Danny Glover, Rosanna Arquette, Lynn Whitfield, Willie Nelson, Nick Brimble, Gary Grubbs, Carol Kane, Edythe Davis, Jenna Bari, Samantha Brown, Jeff DiLuccashow all
“Gone Fishin'” Quotes 15 quotes
- Gus Green: It could be worse.
- Joe Waters: Hey Gus, please don't say that. 'Cause it can't get any worse. I'm so sick of everytime we get in trouble or something goes bad, we think of, like, worse situations just so we can say "This ain't so bad, it could be worse". Gus, the truth is, it can't get any worse.
“You gotta be the one you want to catch.”
“- Dekker Massey: I'd spent 20 years behind a desk.
- Gus Green: That's a long time to be sitting.”
“- Gus Green: That guy stole that from 43 women. That's a whole lot of broken hearts.
- Joe Waters: Yeah, it's not nice. We wouldn't like it if it were somebody in our families. We can't take it.
- Gus Green: But think, Joe. Not only is it a lot of women - That means a lot of rewards. It's a lot of rewards!
- Joe Waters: It's more than one...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Joe Waters: I'm sorry I don't have a photographic memory, Gus.
- Gus Green: You don't even have a memory.”
“These two guys are a two-man disaster area. They just bought a boat and destroyed it in less than an hour. Look, these idiots won't get very far. Now they've got my map. It might take me another day to find them. But I will find them. Don't worry. And when I'm finished with them, I'll know where the money is.”
“If you see them, you tell them that I love them very much and I want to see them again and that they are very nice, very attractive boys.”
“- Gus Green: Joe, do me a favor.
- Joe Waters: Yeah, Gus, I'd do anything for you. You know that.
- Gus Green: I know that. Stop smoking. I want you to stop smoking. For me, your wife, your family, everybody. We love you, man.”
“That car meant a lot to me, Gus. I get memories of that car I can't even remember.”