Plot – It's 1931 and gangster Angelo "Snaps" Provolone swears to become honest in front of his dying father. He abandons his lucrative activities and tries to merge with a group of bankers, but at the very moment they are signing the contract, an endless series of misunderstandings happens like exchanges of people, briefcases, girlfriends and daughters.
All actors – Peter Riegert, Chazz Palminteri, Joey Travolta, Paul Greco, Sylvester Stallone, Richard Foronjy, Yvonne De Carlo, Don Ameche, Richard Romanus, Arleen Sorkin, Eddie Bracken, Tony Munafoshow all
“Oscar” Quotes 19 quotes
“Of course I knew. I just had no idea!”
“- Nora: I'm glad to be getting out of this house. From now on, I'll have servants of my own!
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: You'll find out what a picnic that is!”
“- Anthony Rossano, C.P.A.: All that travel must cut into your home life.
- Dr. Thornton Poole: I don't spend as much time with mother as I'd like. But she's got the cats.”
“- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Now take Louie 'The Lug' McGurk. He died tragically at 25.
- Anthony Rossano, C.P.A.: I'm twenty five. What happened?
- Aldo: Somebody stepped on his fingers.
- Anthony Rossano, C.P.A.: And that killed him?
- Aldo: He was hanging from a window ledge of the Edison Hotel at the time.”
“Poole was right! You are an ox and a moron!”
“You're a butler now! Butle!”
“- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Let's get started, I got until noon to look like a banker.
- Luigi Finucci: We make you look like a banker. Take off your pants.”
“- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: You come into my house with your fine print and addendums and try to con me out of my dough? Geez, I'm used to dealing with mobsters, bootleggers, and gunzles, but you bankers... are scary.
- Kirkwood: I have never been so insulted in all my life.
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Wait. You're young yet.”
“Speech is man's most important tool for the conveyance of thought.”
“Never witness nuthin'. You live longer.”
“It's like disarming Germany.”
“- Sofia Provolone: Now you fired the maid?
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: No! She quit to marry Bruce Underwood!
- Sofia Provolone: When did that happen?
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: I don't know... somewhere between my vest and my pants.”
“- Lisa Provolone: You kept me a prisoner up here - like Rapunzel.
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Well, you certainly ain't Snow White!”
“- Lisa Provolone: I want Oscar.
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: I want him more than you do. But he's on the lam and Anthony's taking the rap for him.
- Lisa Provolone: Thank you very much. Whatever happened to love? Whatever happened to romance?
- Angelo 'Snaps' Provolone: Whatever happened to waiting till the wedding night?”
“- Connie: Even in the old days he was known as an honest crook.
- Dr. Poole: That's an oxymoron.”
“If it's Poole you want, it's Poole you'll get. But, Lisa, you've got to cross the finish line on this one! This is your third fiance today and it ain't even lunch yet!”