“Where the Heart Is” quotes(2000)
Plot – Novalee Nation is 17 and pregnant. She has never had a real home and the closest thing to a family she has is composed by her boyfriend Willy Jack, a selfish musician. They're traveling together aboard a rusty old car, but during a stop Novalee's life suddenly changes as Willy Jack disappears with the car. Alone and penniless, Novalee slips away into a store to give birth on the floor. When she and her baby are discovered, they become the celebrities of the store.
All actors – Natalie Portman, Ashley Judd, Stockard Channing, Joan Cusack, James Frain, Dylan Bruno, Sue McCormick, Keith David, Ray Prewitt, Laura House, Karey Green, Mary Ashleigh Green, Kinna McInroe, Laura Auldridge, Alicia Godwin, Dennis Letts, Richard Andrew Jones, Kathryn Esquivel, Mark Mathis, J.D. Evermore, Sally Field, Linda Wakeman, David Alvarado, Mark Voges, Angee Hughes, Todd Lowe, Margaret Hoard, Rodger Boyce, Gabriel Folse, Mackenzie Fitzgerald, Natalie Pena, Yvette Diaz, T.J. McFarland, Richard Nance, Tony Mann, John Swasey, Scarlett McAlister, Kylie Harmon, Cody Linley, Bob Coonrod, Heather Kafka, Angelina Fiordellisi, Cheyenne Rushing, Deborah Abbott, Alecia Batson, Jim Beaver, Stacy Bellew, Jeff Cooper, Rebecca Davis, Lisa Del Dotto, Jeremy Denzlinger, Dan Eggleston, Adrian Garza, Thalia Harithas, Susan Hegarty, Jim Henry, Molly Howe, K. Todd Lytle, Trevor Doyle Nelson, Katelin Petersen, Cassandra L. Small, Russell Towery, Chris Warner, Jason C. Youngshow all
“Where the Heart Is” Quotes 16 quotes
“You feel that? That little bom-bom-bom? That's where the heart is.”
“- Mama Lil: You got a man?
- Novalee Nation: No.
- Mama Lil: This isn't one of them artificial spermanation things, is it?
- Novalee Nation: No.
- Mama Lil: Then where is the prick who put you in this mess?
- Novalee Nation: California.
- Mama Lil: That figures. All the pricks move to California. They oughta call it Prickafornia.”
“We've all got meanness in us, but we've got goodness too. And the only thing worth living for is the good.”
“- Novalee Nation: I think I might be pregnant. You remember that guy I told you about last month?
- Lexie Coop: The good-lookin' mechanic?
- Novalee Nation: I don't know what's wrong with me. I didn't even want to be with him.
- Lexie Coop: Didn't he use anything?
- Novalee Nation: Just me.”
“Mind if I drive real slow on the way home? I'd like to pretend it's a vacation.”
“- Americus Nation: Forney, if you give a cow chocolate will you get chocolate milk?
- Forney Hull: Yeah. And if you spin a cow around real fast you'll get whipped cream.”
“Five days old she got the Jaundice. Five weeks old she got an ear infection. Five months old she was kidnapped. Five years old? I'm not lighting any fires, thank you.”
“- Novalee Nation: No fives!
- Nicki: You and your fives.
- Rhonda: What fives?
- Novalee Nation: On my fifth birthday my mama ran off with a baseball umpire named Fred and never came back. And after I dropped out of school and was waiting tables at Red's, one of the regulars there named Gladys went crazy. When I tried to calm her down she jumped...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Novalee Nation: I lied to you, when you asked me if I loved you, and I said no. Remember?
- Forney Hull: Yes.
- Novalee Nation: I lied. It wasn't true, I love you. It's just I lied because I thought you deserved something better.
- Forney Hull: Something better than you? Novalee, there isn't anything better than you.”
“I ain't never lived in a house that didn't have wheels on it.”
“My name is Ruth Meyers. Call me Ruth Meyers.”