Matt Dillon quotes
“An artist must be cynical and not worry about the welfare of humans or Gods in his art.”
“- Verge: Why are they always so stupid?
- Jack: Who's stupid?
- Verge: All the women you killed, strike me as seriously unintelligent.
- Jack: I've also killed men.
- Verge: But you only talk about the stupid women. Unless you think all women are stupid.
- Jack: Well, the stories I've told were selected at random, but...
- Verge: You feel...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've just committed a murder. I feel strong and content. I start to walk, and the shadow in front of me grows bigger, like my pleasure. But at the same time, pain is on its way, represented by the shadow behind me from the next lamp post. And at the midpoint between the lamp posts, the pain is so great it outweighs my pleasure. And with every...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Simple: Why do you always have to be so cruel? I'm not completely stupid.
- Jack: That fucking depends on your definition of "completely".
“Don't look at the acts, look at the works.”
“All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Simple back together again.”
“If you feel like screaming, I definitely think that you should.”
“Why is it always the man's fault? No matter where you go, it's like you're some sort of wandering guilty person without even having harmed a simple kitten. I actually get sad when I think about it. If one is so unfortunate as to have been born... male, then you're also born guilty. Think of the injustice in that. Women are always the victims,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The old cathedrals often have sublime artworks hidden away in the darkest corners for only God to see. The same goes for murder.”
“Some people claim that the atrocities we commit in our fiction are those inner desires which we cannot commit in our controlled civilization, so they're expressed instead through our art. I don't agree. I believe Heaven and Hell are one and the same. The soul belongs to Heaven and the body to Hell.”
“- Lady 1: This was maybe a mistake.
- Jack: What was maybe a mistake?
- Lady 1: Me getting in this car with you. You might as well be a serial killer. Sorry, but you do kind of look like one.”
“Diane was my wife. I loved her, and she loved dope. So we made a good couple.”
“I knew it in my heart. You can buck the system but you can't buck the dark forces that lie hidden beneath the surface. The ones some people call superstitions.”
“Do you know that it's safer to fly then it is to drive a car?”
“- Bob: Why don't you grow up?
- David: I am growing up!”