Matt Dillon quotes
“Why is it always the man's fault? No matter where you go, it's like you're some sort of wandering guilty person without even having harmed a simple kitten. I actually get sad when I think about it. If one is so unfortunate as to have been born... male, then you're also born guilty. Think of the injustice in that. Women are always the victims,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Over the Edge
“- Doberman: You boys got any special reason to be hiding behind there?
- Richie: Yea, we heard you were a horny man.”
“Well, to begin with, nobody, and I mean nobody, can talk a junkie out of using. You can talk to them for years but sooner or later they're gonna get ahold of something. Maybe it's not dope. Maybe it's booze, maybe it's glue, maybe it's gasoline. Maybe it's a gunshot to the head. But something. Something to relieve the pressures of their everyday...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Some people claim that the atrocities we commit in our fiction are those inner desires which we cannot commit in our controlled civilization, so they're expressed instead through our art. I don't agree. I believe Heaven and Hell are one and the same. The soul belongs to Heaven and the body to Hell.”
“I've just committed a murder. I feel strong and content. I start to walk, and the shadow in front of me grows bigger, like my pleasure. But at the same time, pain is on its way, represented by the shadow behind me from the next lamp post. And at the midpoint between the lamp posts, the pain is so great it outweighs my pleasure. And with every...” (continue)(continue reading)
“An artist must be cynical and not worry about the welfare of humans or Gods in his art.”
“- Verge: Why are they always so stupid?
- Jack: Who's stupid?
- Verge: All the women you killed, strike me as seriously unintelligent.
- Jack: I've also killed men.
- Verge: But you only talk about the stupid women. Unless you think all women are stupid.
- Jack: Well, the stories I've told were selected at random, but...
- Verge: You feel...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack: Women are easier, not physically, they're just easier to work with. More cooperative.
- Verge: To kill, you mean?
- Jack: If you like. Mr. Sophistication believes in that theory.
- Verge: So... Mr. Sophistication is the theoretician?”
“Don't look at the acts, look at the works.”
“All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Simple back together again.”
- Simple: Why do you always have to be so cruel? I'm not completely stupid.
- Jack: That fucking depends on your definition of "completely".
“If you feel like screaming, I definitely think that you should.”
“The old cathedrals often have sublime artworks hidden away in the darkest corners for only God to see. The same goes for murder.”
“- Lady 1: This was maybe a mistake.
- Jack: What was maybe a mistake?
- Lady 1: Me getting in this car with you. You might as well be a serial killer. Sorry, but you do kind of look like one.”
- From the movie: Over the Edge
“Diane was my wife. I loved her, and she loved dope. So we made a good couple.”
“I knew it in my heart. You can buck the system but you can't buck the dark forces that lie hidden beneath the surface. The ones some people call superstitions.”
- From the movie: One Night at McCool's
“Do you know that it's safer to fly then it is to drive a car?”
- From the movie: My Bodyguard
“- Bob: Why don't you grow up?
- David: I am growing up!”
- From the movie: Rumble Fish
- From the movie: Target