David Carradine quotes
“- Boxcar Bertha: I want somethin' I ain't ever had.
- Big Bill Shelly: How you gonna get that?
- Boxcar Bertha: Guts and luck.
- Big Bill Shelly: Luck! Hell, luck is bein' a Vanderbilt or a Carnegie.
- Boxcar Bertha: Just grabbin' somethin' good when it comes by.
- Big Bill Shelly: Sure, enough, honey.”
“First getting shot, then getting married - bad habits.”
“Remember: no sarcasm, no backtalk. At least not for the first year or so. You're gonna have to let him warm up to you. He hates Caucasians, despises Americans, and has nothing but contempt for women, so in your case... it might take a little while. Adiós.”
“Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.”
“- The Blind Man: You can't do it!
- Cord: Can't do what?
- The Blind Man: You can't step on the same piece of water twice.”
“Before this tale of bloody revenge reaches its climax, I'm going to ask you some questions, and I want you to tell me the truth. However, therein lies the dilemma. Because, when it comes to the subject of me, I believe you are truly and utterly incapable of telling the truth – especially to me, and least of all to yourself. And, when it comes to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Tie two birds together, and even though they have four wings, they cannot fly.”
“Don't you listen to the desert? Even when there's no wind the sand sings.”
“- The Blind Man: A fish saved my life once.
- Cord: How?
- The Blind Man: I ate him.”
“I'm a killer! I'm a murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.”
“Is that not the perfect visual image of life and death? A fish flapping on the carpet, and a fish not flapping on the carpet.”
“As you know, l'm quite keen on comic books. Especially the ones about superheroes. I find the whole mythology surrounding superheroes fascinating. Take my favorite superhero, Superman. Not a great comic book. Not particularly well-drawn. But the mythology... The mythology is not only great, it's unique.”
“- The Blind Man: Buddha once sat before a wall, and when he arose he was enlightened.
- Cord: Do you compare yourself with Buddha?
- The Blind Man: No. Only to the wall.”
“- The Bride: You know, five years ago, if I had to make a list of impossible things that would never happen, you performing a coup de grace on me, by busting a cap in my crown, would have been right at the top of the list. But I'd be wrong, wouldn't I?
- Bill: I'm sorry, was that a question? Of impossible things that could never happen, in this...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jim Younger: Maybe we need to send a couple of people down there and look things over before we just ride in there.
- Jesse James: Clell's already scouted it out. What's wrong with you, Jim? Talkin' soft is something I'd expect from Cole or Frank.
- Cole Younger: I gave up tryin' to talk sense to you a long time ago, Jesse.”