Greece quotes23 greece quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“The greeks invented italian.”
“We honeymooned in Greece. The Parthenon had stood for 2,400 years. Reggie's promise to go straight lasted two weeks.”
- Maria Portokalos: Toula, on my wedding night, my mother, she said to me, "Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom."
- Toula Portokalos: Eww. Please let that be the end of your speech.
“- Mrs. White: Did you lose this?
- Gus Portokalos: Mrs. White, you find my mama again! You know, she come from Greece, which is where I come....
- Mrs. White: Oh, for God's sake I know, look, keep your mother off my lawn, out of my basement, and away from my roof!”
“- Nicholas Petraki: What do you say to two handsome Greek partners?
- Lara Croft: Well, when you find two, let me know!”
“- Toula Portokalos: Ma?
- Maria Portokalos: What?
- Toula Portokalos: Why do I have to go to Greek school?
- Maria Portokalos: When you get married, don't you wanna write your mother in law a letter?”
“So, what happens is my dad and uncles, they fight over who gets to eat the lamb brain. And then my aunt Voula forks the eyeball and chases me around with it, try to get me to eat it, 'cause it's gonna make me smart. So, you have two cousins, I have 27 first cousins. Just 27 first cousins alone! And my whole family is big and loud. And everybody...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Nick Acropolis: Rose! Rose, I am trying again. Will you please accept these flowers?
- Rose Muldoon: I don't want them. And I don't date Greeks.
- Nick Acropolis: You know, you and I could make each other so happy. Greek men are great lovers.
- Rose Muldoon: And Greek men never bathe.”
“- Gus Portokalos: Where are you going?
- Toula Portokalos: I'm taking a pottery class.
- Gus Portokalos: Ah! The Greeks invented pottery. Hmph.”
“Nice Greek girls are supposed to do three things in life: marry Greek boys, make Greek babies, and feed everyone... until the day we die.”
“- Sgt. Major Dickerson: This is not military issue, airman. What sort of uniform is that?
- Adrian Cronauer: Cretan camouflage sir. If you want to blend in with a bunch of drunken Greeks there's nothing better.”
“There are two kinds of people - Greeks, and everyone else who wish they were Greek.”
“- Alvin Seville: I love Athens! The nightlife, the girls, the excitement!
- Simon Seville: Alvin, you've never been to Athens.
- Alvin Seville: Well, it looks like a city I would love.”
I had to go to Greek school, where I learned valuable lessons such as, "If Nick has one goat and Maria has nine, how soon will they marry?"
“- Lara Croft: Reiss is going to use the orb to find Pandora's box.
- MI6 Agent Stevens: Do you meen the Greek myth? Pandora's given a box by a God, told not to open it, she does and unleashes pain into the world?”
You know, the root of the word Miller is a Greek word. Miller come from the Greek word "milo," which is mean "apple," so there you go. As many of you know, our name, Portokalos, is come from the Greek word "portokali," which mean "orange." So, okay? Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.
“My dad believed in two things: that Greeks should educate non Greeks about being Greek and every ailment from psoriasis to poison ivy can be cured with Windex.”
“- Rusty James: I saw that chick, Cassandra. She said she wasn't hooked.
- The Motorcycle Boy: Yeah? I believe her. You remember what happened to the people who didn't believe Cassandra?
- Father: The Greeks got 'em.
- Rusty James: What?
- Father: The Greeks Got-'Em.
- Rusty James: Man, what the fuck do the Greeks have to do with anything?”