Foresight quotes85 foresight quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm steady, calm. I slept well, no bad dreams. I am active and engaged. I'm aware of my surroundings and those in my immediate sphere. I'm attentive. I am focused on the essentials, to the exclusion of all else. I'm unsure of the future but I'm not concerned. I will rely on those closest to me, and I will share their burdens, as they share mine....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Every time I've made a plan in my Hollywood acting career, something else has happened, so I've gotten out of the habit of trying to predict the future.”
“- Donnie Darko: If God controls time, then all time is pre-decided. Every living thing follows along a set path. And if you could see your path or channel, then you could see into the future, right? Like it's a form of time travel.
- Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: If we were able to see our destinies manifest themselves visually, then we would be...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Wart: You mean you can see everything before it happens?
- Merlin: Yes, everything!
- Archimedes the Owl: Uh-uh-uh-uh! "Everything," Merlin?
- Merlin: Uh, vuh... No, no, not EVERYTHING. I, uh, I admit I didn't know whom to expect for tea...
“The world has always been saved by those who looked ahead.”
“I really don't hold withknowing the future, even my own, which is short. I mean, if we knew for a fact there was an afterlife, and that the afterlife was bliss eternal, we'd all commit suicide in order to be able to enjoy it.”
“- Black girl: Lawgiver, who knows about the future?
- The Lawgiver: Perhaps only the dead.”
“- Isaac: I give the whole thing... four weeks. That's it.
- Mary: I, I can't plan that far in advance.
- Isaac: You can't plan four weeks in advance?
- Mary: No!
- Isaac: What kind of foresight is that?”
“For one dollar, I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.”
“What I tell you? One day you gonna meet the right kind of man.”
- Assistant U.S. Atty. Brooks Paige: Was he wired tonight?
- Assistant U.S. Atty. Rick Cappalino: How would I know? He consults the spirits. Thinks he's some kinda goddamn gypsy fortune teller. "Tonight? Mmmm, oh no tonight, much danger. No, no wire".
“All those things you see in your pajamas, are a long-range forecast for your farmers.”
“- Meta Carson: I was expecting you.
- Jeff Bailey: Well... I wasn't expecting you.
- Meta Carson: Should I take that as a compliment?”
“A lot of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was I could size up the other guy half a second quicker than he could me.”
“Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said. ”
“Though I never again saw what people were thinking, there was an enduring gift that he left me. What Ted did was open my eyes, and let the future in. I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. Not for all the world.”
“- Logan: You said you knew the future of those assholes in the bar.
- Yukio: I know they are going to die. We are all going to die.
- Logan: You said they would die in the same truck, in a week. If you're right, that's quite a talent.”
“In case your aim's any better than your judgment.”
“Terry, I can't predict the future. I pay professionals to do that, and even they get it wrong sometimes.”