Foresight quotes84 foresight quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm steady, calm. I slept well, no bad dreams. I am active and engaged. I'm aware of my surroundings and those in my immediate sphere. I'm attentive. I am focused on the essentials, to the exclusion of all else. I'm unsure of the future but I'm not concerned. I will rely on those closest to me, and I will share their burdens, as they share mine....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Every time I've made a plan in my Hollywood acting career, something else has happened, so I've gotten out of the habit of trying to predict the future.”
“- Donnie Darko: If God controls time, then all time is pre-decided. Every living thing follows along a set path. And if you could see your path or channel, then you could see into the future, right? Like it's a form of time travel.
- Prof. Kenneth Monnitoff: If we were able to see our destinies manifest themselves visually, then we would be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The world has always been saved by those who looked ahead.”
“I really don't hold withknowing the future, even my own, which is short. I mean, if we knew for a fact there was an afterlife, and that the afterlife was bliss eternal, we'd all commit suicide in order to be able to enjoy it.”
“- Black girl: Lawgiver, who knows about the future?
- The Lawgiver: Perhaps only the dead.”
“- Isaac: I give the whole thing... four weeks. That's it.
- Mary: I, I can't plan that far in advance.
- Isaac: You can't plan four weeks in advance?
- Mary: No!
- Isaac: What kind of foresight is that?”
“For one dollar, I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.”
“What I tell you? One day you gonna meet the right kind of man.”
- Assistant U.S. Atty. Brooks Paige: Was he wired tonight?
- Assistant U.S. Atty. Rick Cappalino: How would I know? He consults the spirits. Thinks he's some kinda goddamn gypsy fortune teller. "Tonight? Mmmm, oh no tonight, much danger. No, no wire".
“All those things you see in your pajamas, are a long-range forecast for your farmers.”
“- Meta Carson: I was expecting you.
- Jeff Bailey: Well... I wasn't expecting you.
- Meta Carson: Should I take that as a compliment?”
“A lot of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was I could size up the other guy half a second quicker than he could me.”
“Bad taste is simply saying the truth before it should be said. ”
“Though I never again saw what people were thinking, there was an enduring gift that he left me. What Ted did was open my eyes, and let the future in. I wouldn't have missed a minute of it. Not for all the world.”
“- Logan: You said you knew the future of those assholes in the bar.
- Yukio: I know they are going to die. We are all going to die.
- Logan: You said they would die in the same truck, in a week. If you're right, that's quite a talent.”
“In case your aim's any better than your judgment.”
“Terry, I can't predict the future. I pay professionals to do that, and even they get it wrong sometimes.”
“Since when can weathermen predict the weather, let alone the future?”