Saints quotes17 saints quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Compared to Thoreau, Saint Francis of Assisi was peanuts.”
“Saints don't live on Park Avenue.”
“- Pawel: Frances, please! We have nowhere to be together!
- Frances: And what does that make me? Saint Francesca, patron saint of horny teenagers?”
“- Anthony: No, no, no, take that voodoo-ass thing off of there right now!
- Peter: I know you just didn't call St. Christopher voodoo. Man's the patron saint of travelers, dog.”
My name is August Christopher. I was named for St. Augustine, who coined my favorite phrase: “Give me chastity and give me constancy, but do not give it yet”.
“- Our Lady: God loves every one of us, Francie. But you know something, Francie? He has a very special place in his heart for you.
- Adult Francie Brady: Oh no, missus, you'll have to stop this appearing and disappearing crack or they'll put me back in there.”
“- Doctor Martha Livingston: Suppose the saints would have smoked if tobacco'd been popular back then?
- Mother Miriam Ruth: Undoubtably. Not the ascetics, of course, but, well, St. Thomas More.
- Doctor Martha Livingston: Long, thin, and filtered!
- Mother Miriam Ruth: St. Ignatius would smokecigars and then stub them out on the soles of his...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I believe in two things, the kindness of the saints and there's somebody for everybody.”
“- Edmond Dantes: You lied?
- Abbé Faria: I'm a priest, not a saint.”
“- Fernand Mondego: What happened to your mercy?
- Edmond Dantes: I'm a count, not a saint.”
“I always like sinners a lot better than saints.”
“- Marty DiBergi: David St. Hubbins... I must admit I've never heard anybody with that name.
- David St. Hubbins: It's an unusual name, well, he was an unusual saint, he's not a very well known saint.
- Marty DiBergi: Oh, there actually is, uh... there was a Saint Hubbins?
- David St. Hubbins: That's right, yes.
- Marty DiBergi: What was he the...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Billy: [noticing a dingy hotel that says "St. James"] This one looks all right.
- Josh: No, it doesn't.
- Billy: St. James, Josh! It's religious.