“This Is Spinal Tap” quotes(1984)
Plot – Spinal Tap is an experienced English hard rock band who is leaving for a tour in the USA. A documentary filmmaker goes with them, determined to capture every moment of their days to get "the smell of Rock'N’Roll". However, they have to face many difficulties: the time of their success is gone, many dates get cancelled and the new album has an awful cover that gets censored. As if it wasn’t enough, the two leaders, the singer and the guitarist who are friends since they were kids, are in disagreement because of the frequent intrusions of the singer’s wife.
All actors – Rob Reiner, Kimberly Stringer, Chazz Dominguez, Shari Hall, R.J. Parnell, David Kaff, Tony Hendra, Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer, Bruno Kirby, Jean Cromieshow all
“This Is Spinal Tap” Quotes 27 quotes
“There's something about this that's so black, it's like how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.”
“As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.”
“We've got Armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening.”
“- Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.
- Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, I've been fooling around with it for a few months.
- Marty DiBergi: It's a bit of a departure from what you normally play.
- Nigel Tufnel: It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Marty DiBergi: It's such an interesting concept, mixing mime and food.
- Morty the Mime: It's a kick isn't it? Well, I used to be an actor but I could never remember my lines, so I thought "just shut up", you know? Don't say nothing. And my father used to say the same thing to me every dinner time, he used to say to me "shut up and eat", so... (continue)(continue reading)
“For one thing that goes wrong... one... one single thing that goes wrong, a hundred things go right.”
“- Nigel Tufnel: You can't fucking concentrate because of your fucking wife! Simple as that, alright? It's your fucking wife!
- David St. Hubbins: She's not my wife.
- Nigel Tufnel: Well whatever fuck she is, alright? You can't concentrate!”
“- Nigel Tufnel: It really puts perspective on things though, doesn't it?
- David St. Hubbins: Too much. There's too much fucking perspective now.”
“Quite exciting, this computer magic!”
“We are Spinal Tap from the UK - you must be the USA!”
“- Marty DiBergi: Do you feel that playing rock 'n' roll music keeps you a child? That is, keeps you in a state of arrested development?
- Derek Smalls: No. No. No. I feel it's like, it's more like going, going to a, a national park or something. And there's, you know, they preserve the moose. And that's, that's my childhood up there on stage....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Marty DiBergi: David St. Hubbins... I must admit I've never heard anybody with that name.
- David St. Hubbins: It's an unusual name, well, he was an unusual saint, he's not a very well known saint.
- Marty DiBergi: Oh, there actually is, uh... there was a Saint Hubbins?
- David St. Hubbins: That's right, yes.
- Marty DiBergi: What was he the...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really. It's sort of...
- Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
- Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".
“- Derek Smalls: We're taking a sophisticated view of sex...
- Marty DiBergi: Down on a farm.
- Derek Smalls: Yeah.”
“I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind...” (continue)(continue reading)