“The Count of Monte Cristo” quotes(2002)
Plot – Edmond Dantes is about to marry Mercedes when he's victim of a conspiracy, hatched by his best friend Fernand Montego who wants his woman. Dantes is wrongly jailed near Marseille, in the Château d'If. Edmond spends thirteen years there, then he escapes swimming with the help of a fellow inmate. With a new identity - the one of the rich and mysterious Count of Monte Cristo, Dantes finally takes his revenge, destroying who betrayed him.
All actors – Jim Caviezel, Guy Pearce, Richard Harris, James Frain, Dagmara Dominczyk, Michael Wincott, Luis Guzmán, Christopher Adamson, JB Blanc, Guy Carleton, Alex Norton, Barry Cassin, Henry Cavill, Zhara Moufid, Brendan Costello, Patrick Godfrey, Katherine Holme, Freddie Jones, Joe Hanley, Mairead Devlin, Stella Feeley, Joseph Kelly, Ivan Kennedy, Alvaro Lucchesi, Helen McCrory, Karl O'Neill, Robert Price, Derek Reid, Eric Stovell, Jude Sweeney, Brian Thunder, Gregor Truter, Andrew Woodall, Albie Woodington, , Gregory Jamesshow all
“The Count of Monte Cristo” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Armand Dorleac: And if you're thinking just now 'why me, oh God?' the answer is: God has nothing to do with it. In fact, God is never in France this time of year.
- Edmond Dantes: God has everything to do with it. He's everywhere. He sees everything.
- Armand Dorleac: All right. Let's make a bargain, shall we? You ask God for help, and I'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Edmond Dantes: May I steal your wife?
- Fernand Mondego: Excuse me?
- Edmond Dantes: For the Waltz?”
“- Edmond Dantes: God is no more real than your treasure, Priest.
- Abbè Faria: Perhaps.”
- Luigi Vampa: We shall call him... "Zatarra".
- Edmond Dantes: Sounds fearsome.
- Luigi Vampa: It means, "driftwood".
“I swear on my dead relatives, and even on the ones who are not feeling too good, I am your man forever!”
“The stronger swordsman does not necessarily win. It is speed! Speed of hand, speed of mind.”
- Edmond Dantes: "We are kings or pawns", a man once said.
- Luigi Vampa: Who told you this?
- Edmond Dantes: Napolean Bonaparte.
- Luigi Vampa: Bonaparte?
- Luigi Vampa: Oh, Zatarra, the stories you tell.
“- Edmond Dantes: You lied?
- Abbé Faria: I'm a priest, not a saint.”
“- Fernand Mondego: What happened to your mercy?
- Edmond Dantes: I'm a count, not a saint.”
“- Abbé Faria: In return for your help, I offer you something priceless.
- Edmond Dantes: My freedom?
- Abbé Faria: No, freedom can be taken away, as you well know. I offer you my knowledge.”
“- Fernand Mondego: You pleased me some of the time.
- Mercedès Iguanada: You never pleased me.”
“- Mercedès Iguanada: Now I must explain something to you. Where you've really come from. Albert, you are the son of Edmond Dantes. The man you know as the Count of Monte Cristo.
[Albert Mondego turns to Fernand Mondego]
- Fernand Mondego: Well, I'm afraid it is true. You are the walking proof that your mother was as much of a whore in her...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Edmond Dantes: There are 72,519 stones in my walls. I've counted them many times.
- Abbé Faria: But have you named them yet?”
“Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.”
“- Abbè Faria: Define Economics.
- Edmond Dantes: Economics is a science that deals with the production, distribution, and consumption of commodities.
- Abbè Faria: Translation?
- Edmond Dantes: Dig first, money later.”
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.”
“If you ever loved me, don't rob me of my hate. It's all I have.”