Michael Murphy quotes
“- Yale: You know we have to stop seeing each other, don't you.
- Mary: Right. Right. I understand. I could tell by the sound of your voice on the phone. Very authoritative, y'know. Like the pope, or the computer in 2001.”
“- Pete Curtis: That's bullshit!
- Wally O'Sullivan: The worrying thing is, it's well-written bullshit, and it's right here in my paper... I must confess, Hamilton, that I probably would have infused it with a little more skepticism, but bitter resentment won't prevent me from admitting it was a good piece. Well done.”
“From the beginning I've thought the key to this games is to be in it for life.”
“I don't think of acting in terms of making a living.”
“The longer I'm married to you the more you sound like my mother.”
“- Isaac: I think that, under my personal vibrations, I could put her life in some kind of good order.
- Yale: Yeah, that's what you said about Jill, and under your personal vibrations she went from bisexuality to homosexuality.
- Isaac: Yeah, but I gave her the old college try.”
“A pathological killer on the right, God-knows-what on the left, and a gutless middle.”
“- Pete Curtis: You really think Sukarno's going to let the commies have their own little private army?
- Guy Hamilton: That's what Aidit says.
- Pete Curtis: Aidit's lying.
- Guy Hamilton: Maybe.
- Pete Curtis: Then why report it?
- Guy Hamilton: Maybe he's not lying.”
“- Yale: You are so self-righteous, you know. I mean we're just people. We're just human beings, you know? You think you're God.
- Isaac: I gotta model myself after someone.”
“When a thought crosses your mind, it's been on the shortest trip in Jakarta.”
“This is screwball beyond belief.”
“- Pete Curtis: What do you do for sex?
- Guy Hamilton: You're worried about that?
- Pete Curtis: Whenever I hit the front page, I get a hard-on. So what do you do? I go up to the cemetery.
- Guy Hamilton: Are you a necrophiliac?
- Billy Kwan: It's where the prostitutes hang out.”
“It's just gossip, you know. Gossip is the new pornography.”