Ray Winstone quotes
“Give him a gold piece and send him home. He has a story to tell.”
“I love you like a rose loves rainwater, like a leopard loves its partner in the jungle, like... I don't know what like.”
People say: "Don't you miss it, Gal?". I say: "What, England? Nah. Fucking place. It's a dump. Don't make me laugh. Grey, grimy, sooty. What a shit hole. What a toilet. Every cunt with a long face shuffling about, moaning, all worried. No thanks, not for me". They say: "What's it like, then, Spain?". And I'll say: "It's hot. Hot. Oh, it's... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Bors: I like the little bastards. They mean something to me. Especially Number Three! He's a good fighter!
- Lancelot: That's because he's mine.”
“Keep a memory of me, not as a king or a hero; but as a man: fallible and flawed.”
“Banks, you bastard! I'm the daddy now, next time, I'll fucking kill ya!”
“- Mr. Beaver: Come on, humans. While we're still young!
- Peter Pevensie: If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat.”
“I love to be the lead, but you can't always be the lead.”
“Hollywood don't always pay a lot of money. Because we're English they think we're cheap!”
“- Beowulf: Forget about me. Find a good man, and bear him fine children, but bear him a son.
- Ursula: I don't want another man! I want you!
- Beowulf: I am not the man you believe me to be...
- Ursula: You are a hero! You are a great man! This I know to be true!
- Beowulf: Then you are as foolish as the rest of them!”
“There are guys you can hit and there's guys you can't.”
“I don't know what it means to have lost a child, but I know what it means never to have had one.”
“- Don: Talk to me, Gal. I'm here for you. I'm a good listener.
- Gal: What can I say, Don? I've said it all. I'm retired.
- Don: Shut up.”
“In a way you can't kill me, my friend, 'cause I died many, many years ago when I was young.”
“If we die... it will be for glory, not gold.”
“- Mr. Fox: I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite. Ow!
- Mrs. Beaver: Oh, stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day.
- Mr. Beaver: Worst day of the year.”
“- Wiglaf: Your legend is known from the high seas and the snow barriers to the Great IslandKingdom - you are the Monster Slayer.
- Beowulf: We men are the monsters now. The time of heroes is dead, Wiglaf - the Christ God has killed it, leaving humankind with nothing but weeping martyrs, fear, and shame.”
“- Ray: You get the champagne?
- Sean: Yeah.
- Ray: You like it?
- Sean: No.
- Ray: Why not?
- Sean: The fuckin bubbles go up my nose alright! Now, where's my coke?”
“Vegetarians? I've shit 'em.”