Catherine Deneuve quotes
“- Horacio: I want you to be my wife.
- Tristana: I'll live with you for as long as you love me. If you ever get tired of me, we'll each go our own way.”
“I didn't study much, but I think I could do great things. However, I'm no good at little things.”
“- Don Lope: Look at that couple. Don't you get the sickly scent of conjugal happiness?
- Tristana: I don't understand.
- Don Lope: Did you see that bovine look of resignation? That boredom? Farewell, love. Never get married, Tristana.
- Tristana: One can be free and honorable.
- Don Lope: Exactly. Passion must be free. It's a law of nature. No...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Carol: I think we are having rabbit.
- Colin: Rabbit? Oh. I thought they'd all been killed off.
- Carol: No. She has a friend.
- Colin: A rabbit?
- Carol: No, I think the friend has rabbits.
- Colin: Poor bunny.”
“We all have to lead our own lives in the end, you know.”
“At times I feel like I really don't exist.”
“- Daxiat: This may sound strange coming from me, but I think your husband, Lucas Steiner, was wrong to leave France. The new anti-Israelite theater laws apply to spectators and profiteers. But your husband, Mme. Steiner, was a gem. He was the only Israelite theater director...
- Marion Steiner: You may say 'Jewish'.
- Daxiat: Yes. He was the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- The Queen: I will die before I help you.
- Febre the Man in Black: You wouldn't be the first.”
“- Kathy: I am not that big. And happy, I don't know.
- Selma: You just need someone to pull it out.”
“It takes two to love, as it takes two to hate. And I will keep loving you, in spite of yourself. My heart beats faster when I think of you. Nothing else matters.”