“Dancer in the Dark” quotes(2000)
Plot – Selma is a single mother who lives with her son Gene in a rural US town and works in the local factory. She's becoming blind and Gene is destined too, so she's saving the money to operate him. Selma's eyesight worsens day by day and tells her problem to Bill, her neighbor and a policeman who also needs some money. He takes advantage of Selma's illness and steals her savings, but the woman discovers him and asks her money back. Everything ends in tragedy as Selma is forced to shoot him. Once arrested, she's sentenced to death.
All actors – Björk, Catherine Deneuve, David Morse, Peter Stormare, Joel Grey, Cara Seymour, Vladica Kostic, Jean-Marc Barr, Vincent Paterson, Siobhan Fallon, Zeljko Ivanek, Udo Kier, Jens Albinus, Reathel Bean, Mette Berggreen, Lars Michael Dinesen, Katrine Falkenberg, Michael Flessas, John Randolph Jones, Noah Lazarus, Sheldon Litt, Andrew Lucre, John Martinus, Luke Reilly, T.J. Rizzo, Stellan Skarsgård, Sean-Michael Smith, Paprika Steen, Eric Voge, Nick Wolf, Timm Zimmermann, Al Agami, Alex Mouro, Alexander Arli, Allan Gyldenkærne, Ami Eklöf-Annell, Ana Christine Broström, Anders Tärneberg, Anders Thorhauge, Anders-Peter Torsleff Hansen, Ann Crosset, Anna David, Anna Norberg, Anna Rosenberg, Annette Lindholm, Anthony Ajoise Olufemi Jacob, Birgitte Skands, Bjorn Ahlander, Bo Westerholm, Bobo Eriksson, Britt Bendixen, Carl Johan De Neergaard, Carol Linda Nielsen, Claus Berenhard, Cristian Valle, Diana G.L. Watson, Ed Hickok, Edvin Karsson, Eli Stalhand, Elin Johansson, Emilie Bendz, Erik Dammann, Erik Drugge, Fredrik Börgesson, Frederik Mondrup, Marianne Bengtsson, Troels Asmussen, Caroline Sascha Cogez, Rikke Lylloffshow all
“Dancer in the Dark” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Norman: You Commies make a big deal out of sharing everything.
- Selma: Yeah. It's... it's a good thing.
- Norman: What are you doing here if Czechoslovakia's so much better than the U.S.A.?”
“- Selma: I'm just not that kind of mother.
- Gene Jezkova: Can't you be that kind of a mother?”
“I used to dream that I was in a musical, 'cause in a musical nothing dreadful ever happens.”
“- Selma: Isn't it annoying when they do the last song in the films?
- Bill Houston: Why?
- Selma: Because you just know when it goes really big... and the camera goes like out of the roof... and you just know it's going to end. I hate that. I would leave just after the next to last song... and the film would just go on forever.”
“- Brenda: You'll be transferred to the other cellblock, at some point tomorrow.
- Selma: That's the cellblock where they hang people?
- Brenda: Yeah. That's were they spend the last day.
- Selma: And then they do the 107 steps - it's from that room to the gallows, isn't it?
- Brenda: That's what they say, Selma. But, look it, you're gonna get...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jeff: Why did you have him? You knew he would have the same disease as you.
- Selma: I just wanted to hold a little baby.”
“- Kathy: I am not that big. And happy, I don't know.
- Selma: You just need someone to pull it out.”
“- Oldrich Novy: I was once well known in Czechoslovakia, because of my profession.
- DistrictAttorney: Yes, Mr. Oldrich Novy, what is your profession? Maybe that can give us a clue to why, why this somewhat romantic, certainly Communistic woman who worships Fred Astaire, but not his country, might have lied and misused your name - make...” (continue)(continue reading)