Gérard Depardieu quotes
“I'm living in the present. I have no ambition. It's true. But I want to live.”
“- Alfredo Berlinghieri: Where's my father's gun?
- Olmo Dalco: I have hidden it.
- Alfredo Berlinghieri: You'd better be careful. If you don't use it, it gets rusty.”
“- Ada Fiastri Paulhan: I love the smell of earth!
- Olmo Dalco: That's dried shit.”
“- Olmo Dalco: This is my bride-trap.
- Ada Fiastri Paulhan: Have you caught any brides?
- Olmo Dalco: You're the first one.”
“- Andre: What I'm dying of?
- Nicole: A rare disease you caught in Africa.
- Andre: When was I in Africa?
- Nicole: During the Hundred Years War.
- Andre: The Hundred Years War was in the Middle Ages, in Europe!
- Nicole: He didn't seem to notice.
- Andre: Why not the Crusades?”
“When they decide to destroy a man, they throw the book at him. An old trick, but one I see they've brought to new refinement. You dismiss the law while claiming to serve it. It makes those in power think they have nothing to fear. The just have always been an obstacle to politicians, and today more than ever!”
“Lug your guts away, salami, or stay and I'll remove you slice by slice!”
“- Andre: To you I probably seem old.
- Nicole: You are old.”
“- Danton: What do you want?
- Philippeaux: The Public Safety Committee has exceeded its mandate. Dismantle it without a fight. Only you can do that. Frankly, you disgust me, but I'll back you.
- Danton: I'm flattered.”
“- Andre: Why... why do you make up such stories?
- Nicole: I don't know. It just comes naturally to me.
- Andre: So it's genetic. Is that it?
- Nicole: Yes. No! I don't know.”
“If you see poverty as a revolutionary virtue, go and join Robespierre.”
“Make love as if you don't care and fart whenever you wish.”
“I am accused of conspiracy. Very well. I confess. I am guilty of conspiracy. In my heart, in my own company, I have conspired. Conspired for peace, amnesty, respect for the law, public order. Conspired for happiness and justice.”
“- Sanchez: I see rooftops, I see palaces, I see towers, I see spires that reach... to the sky! I see civilisation!
- Columbus: All of them built by people like me. No matter how long you live, Sanchez, there is something that will never change between us. I did it. You didn't.”
“- Robespierre: We fought a revolution in the name of fairness and equality.
- Danton: Now you chop off any head above the rest.”
“I've had affairs. But I'm not the sort of man who has 10,000 affairs.”
“Hollywood exists only for the B-movies. The best things are coming from Europe.”
“I never really like the characters I play. I only come to love them afterwards.”
“Cooking is not difficult. Everyone has taste, even if they don't realize it.”