Self-denial quotes49 self-denial quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- Lt. Aldo Raine: Are you going to take off your uniform?
- Pvt. Butz: Not only shall I remove it, I intend to burn it.
- Lt. Aldo Raine: Yeah, that's what we thought. We don't like that. You see, we like our Nazis in uniform. That way you can spot 'em just like that. But you take off that uniform, ain't no one ever gonna know you were a Nazi.”
“No matter what, no matter how hard you grab onto something. You still lose it.”
“Why me Lord? You made other men out of clay. Mine, you made out of shit.”
“- Judy: If I let you change me, will that do it? If I do what you tell me, will you love me?
- Scottie: Yes. Yes.
- Judy: All right. All right then, I'll do it. I don't care anymore about me.”
“At times I feel like I really don't exist.”
“I am a great admirer of other actors, but I never compete with other actors. I always compete with what I did last, and I'm my own most vicious critic. So I'm always trying to do it better.”
“He was super cute, but he carried himself like someone who didn't know that - and that was part of the charm. He didn't know that he was a better-looking guy than Brad Pitt.”
“If you understand devotion, you will understand Japan.”
“Praise was hard for him to take, maybe? And he didn't know how to handle that.”
“I've given you everything you've wanted. At the price of my self-respect, my individuality and everything else.”
“Living with someone always means a denial of self in some way and I suppose I have always known it was something I couldn't accomplish.”
“This thing that you do, Ted, where you come into a place and push people out, you should know those people worked really hard to build this magazine. They believed in the motto. And I get it, you've got your marchingorders and you have to do what you have to do, but you don't have to be such a dick. Put that on a plaque and hang it at your next...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sage: So you used to like men?
- Elle: I always liked women, I just didn't like myself.”
“- Tris: You know I'm just one person. I'm not worth it.
- Four: No, you are worth it. You are worth it to me. I love you.”
“- Jewel: Hey. Thank you for doing this. I really appreciate it.
- Blu: I would do anything for you. You know that, right?
- Jewel: Of course I do.”
“There's nothing wrong with admitting that you want me.”